TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to take a supercharger from a supercoupe of any and putting it on a 1995 cougar Xr7 with a regular 3.8 V6 :confused:

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
sure its possible, but i would advise against it. the NA motor is too weak for the SC blower. save yourself the headaches and buy a supercoupe instead. or if your mechanically inclined, buy an entire supercoupe motor and almost everything under the hood and swap that in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whas s weak about it? Cause i know its possible to put other supecharges on it so idont see wut the diffence is.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Click here to answer most of your questions.

It is possible for you to put the SC supercharger on your 3.8L. But don't expect to run at the same boost levels an SC. If you still want to supercharge your 3.8L, I advise to go the Vortech route.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
the block is completely differently built than the sc block. EVERYTHING is the lx block is weaker than the sc block. If you rnu it at the normal boost an sc runs you will most deffinetely blow something up soon after. Also, it's not the a slap-on procedure. there are a lot of things that need to be changed and basically the only thing left from your original engine bay will be the block. It's a tedious process. In my opinion it'd just be easier and faster to do a engine swap.

If you're interested in an egnine swap I have a complete motor and all wiring for it for sale. e-mail me at [email protected] if you're interested.

-Thomas

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Melon said:
Click here to answer most of your questions.

taken from SCCOA
Camshaft:

There were two different types of camshafts designed. Automatic and manual transmission cars each had their own unique camshafts. They were color coded yellow for the ATX version and pink for the MTX version. The paint was applied to the rear end of the camshaft.
this is a new one for me, anyone know the specs on both? -greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts