TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 75 shot nitrous system on my car..And i want to have a more powerful system,do i have to buy a complete system in order to get more power? or can i just change some parts of the system i already have to gain more power through nitrous?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nos

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont recall cuz i swapped parts for that kit and it was modified by my friend to fit a carb setup..so i dont really know..but generally speaking is it possible if i change the pumps and the solenoids?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahh crap..thanks anyway guess i have to look into my kit a bit more

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
If you are going to run nitrous, fully understand all components of the system. It's not just a bolt on and go. Understanding how it works and more importantly how to tune it is the only way you will use it to its fullest potential. Otherwise, you'll just be replacing engines.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what u said is understood i do get the components and that i have to tune to a certain air fuel ratio or my engine would crap itself out of my exhaust pipes i get that,but this is a question that popped up in my head u know?

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Yeah, and it's good that you want to learn it. :thumbsup:

Usually you change the jet, nozzle or spray bar size to add more. You're solenoid is just an on/off but it will have a flow limit. Do you have any model numbers on these parts to reference?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Yea most kits aren't gonna be limited to a 75shot. You can even get a little over a 200 shot out of the standard NX wet kit by removing the jets altogether :D

I'd unscrew the nozzle from the lines and see what size jet(s) are in there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hehehe thanks all u guys big help..im gonna have to go and see what kit do i have and ill let all u guys know,cuz my car has been under heavy duty work for around a month now,i havent driven my baby in a month and its KILLING ME..ill let you all know how everything goes (Y)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Aaron_T said:
Yea most kits aren't gonna be limited to a 75shot. You can even get a little over a 200 shot out of the standard NX wet kit by removing the jets altogether :D

I'd unscrew the nozzle from the lines and see what size jet(s) are in there.

I have a friend that did just that ... well not purposely though. he was changing from 75 to 100 shot and someone got him sidetracked. by the time he came back to it he had forgotten that he didnt have any jets installed. He said it was hauling a$$ til the engine went. 98 v6stang.

·
Registered
680 Posts
ultimately the nitrous system is limited by the inner diameter of the hoses between the tank and the solenoid, any subsequent fittings between that may have smaller diameter than the hose, or a solenoid that might have a smaller diameter.

Usually the nitrous jet will be the limiting point, but if you get to the 175 horse range, on some kit's its the hose fittings, and or solenoids.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts