TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have been looking at this spotless clean no faded paint 91 tbird sc. its midnight blue leather inside, the whole package. custom exaust, this would be for my girlfriend.

the trans is new but while test diving after they put it in; they said the engine siezed wont even turn over. how can this be? would it be the supercharger that needs replacement or the whole engine plus the supercharger? how much (estimated) will i be looking at?

oh yea theyre asking 1500 but hell no im not paying that. i was going to try and get lucky and see if they would take 600 to 700

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
:bangwall: Simple punctuation goes a long way. I had to read that 3 times just to understand what the heck you were trying to say.... Maybe it was just me.. :rolleyes:

Depends.. If you can get it for under a grand I would say its def worth it. But if the tranny is new, with a custom exhaust, and it is in that nice of shape I doubt he will go much lower. Is there a link?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Its not just you.

Op, thats almost impossible to tell without pics. We are also not phychic and my superman vision isnt working right now. My estimate on cost is between $5-$10,000

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
been looking at this spotless clean no faded paint 91 tbird sc...midnight blue leather inside ec etc the whole package. custome exaust.for my girlfriend..thing is..

the trans is new bt while tests diving after they put it in;they said the engine siezed wont even turn over...how can this be?? would it be the supercharger that need replacement or the whole engine plus the supercharger??? and how much (estimated) will i be looking at..??

oh yea theyre asking 1500 but hell no im not paying that. i was going to try and get lucky and see if they would take 600 to 700
Please read this and ammend your posting accordingly.

Thanks.

:bangwall: Simple punctuation goes a long way. I had to read that 3 times just to understand what the heck you were trying to say.... Maybe it was just me.. :rolleyes:

It's not just you.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Please read this and ammend your posting accordingly.

Thanks.

well lets see I'm 21, so I'm grown enough.
i have my own family.
i also have a real life.
i do try to learn and understand things.
i don't talk/type like i did in high school.
i speak English (damn proud to be American)

yes my punctuation was out of this world on that post. i was also juggling many things at the time; because i just got out of a store/corporate meeting. my girl was nagging that i get around to post, to see what everyone thought. on top of dealing with my son and niece. for some reason when i rush on the keyboard my hand double taps.

I'm also not immature, for a guy my age thats been put down and frown upon my whole life. that has overcame everything that life has thrown at me. also been through a lot more things then most people i know that are in their late 30's-50's. i am not immature.

so hopefully that clears that up. next time I'll take my time and do every little thing, for you guys that come out harsh on people over the little things.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Hey everyone has problems and hardluck stories. Its not aimed at you, its for EVERYONE. It makes it easier to understand you. No one treated you horrible.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Post some pics. go back for round two and let them know youre a serious guy and take some pics of the "trouble zones" tbirds tend to have with rust or leaking things. Some nice shots of the bay are always good info that will get lots of comments back.

·
Super Moderator
9,180 Posts
The mentality is "If I go into a thread and can't read the OP, I'm not going to spend 10 minutes trying to decipher it so I can give advice." Punctuation and spelling make it easy for us to read, and easier for those who may have an answer to understand the problem so they can give advice. Help yourself by helping us to understand you better. Step one is proper punctuation, spelling and grammar alongside a positive, respectful and gracious attitude.

Yes, pictures are necessary before we can give an opinion on the condition of the car. And if I understand you correctly, the engine won't turn over after the new trans. This could be that the torque converter isn't fully seated onto the input shaft of the transmission and has the engine in a bind from the pressure of it pushing against the flexplate. ... Assuming we're talking about an auto.

And BTW - we don't need/want to hear your life's story. If you goofed, admit the mistake and move on. If we goofed, be gracious and respectful when calling us out. Anything less and you'll find that fewer and fewer people will reply to any future requests for help or advice you may have. "Don't tick off your doctor."

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The mentality is "If I go into a thread and can't read the OP, I'm not going to spend 10 minutes trying to decipher it so I can give advice." Punctuation and spelling make it easy for us to read, and easier for those who may have an answer to understand the problem so they can give advice. Help yourself by helping us to understand you better. Step one is proper punctuation, spelling and grammar alongside a positive, respectful and gracious attitude.

Yes, pictures are necessary before we can give an opinion on the condition of the car. And if I understand you correctly, the engine won't turn over after the new trans. This could be that the torque converter isn't fully seated onto the input shaft of the transmission and has the engine in a bind from the pressure of it pushing against the flexplate. ... Assuming we're talking about an auto.

And BTW - we don't need/want to hear your life's story. If you goofed, admit the mistake and move on. If we goofed, be gracious and respectful when calling us out. Anything less and you'll find that fewer and fewer people will reply to any future requests for help or advice you may have. "Don't tick off your doctor."
thats not even half of the story. if anything i felt i was called out with that "read this post". thats why i took my stand, just as anybody would. to me in my post i was nowhere near disrespectful, if you took it that way i apologize. i just dont like when people on here boss others around; and think everybodys is going to crunch down and hold their words.im sorry but thats just not me.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Dang, easily worth 1500 alone just in a straight body with a solid interior, granted you need an engine. I don't know how much those are to get a hand on, but looks immaculate to these eyes.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dang, easily worth 1500 alone just in a straight body with a solid interior, granted you need an engine. I don't know how much those are to get a hand on, but looks immaculate to these eyes.
thats what im saying bro. i just want to know opinions, because i want that car up and running that way i can drive it too.lol

·
Super Moderator
9,180 Posts
It seems to be in nice shape, so it's probably worth at least a grand. But to get it running you'd probably need a new motor to drop in (hard to tell without exacting pinpoint tests - heck, it could be an electrical problem without knowing if the crank turns by hand) - or tear down and rebuild the one that's in it. That alone could set you back $500-$1000 or more.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It seems to be in nice shape, so it's probably work at least a grand. But to get it running you'd probably need a new motor to drop in (hard to tell without exacting pinpoint tests - heck, it could be an electrical problem without knowing if the crank turns by hand) - or tear down and rebuild the one that's in it. That alone could set you back $500-$1000 or more.
thats not that bad at all

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
thats not even half of the story. if anything i felt i was called out with that "read this post". thats why i took my stand, just as anybody would. to me in my post i was nowhere near disrespectful, if you took it that way i apologize. i just don't like when people on here boss others around; and think everybody's is going to crunch down and hold their words. I'm sorry but thats just not me.
Thanks again. It wasn't a personal attack just a request preceded by a please and followed with a thank you.

I understand you've been through your share of personal problems. We've all been "put down and frown[ed] upon [our] whole li[ves]" in some way or another. I appreciate and respect your resilience.

Just for future reference, and as the linked thread said in a nutshell ... all we ask is that you post in English (not a problem) with reasonable punctuation and spelling (a problem with the post in question).

This isn't a hard and fast rule here. This certainly isn't English class. We do allow some variation from standard English grammar and punctuation norms. Some times it's the best way to inflect some personality into your posts. Just format your posts so that they're readable and understandable. That's all we ask.

Thanks.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again. It wasn't a personal attack just a request preceded by a please and followed with a thank you.

I understand you've been through your share of personal problems. We've all been "put down and frown[ed] upon [our] whole li[ves]" in some way or another. I appreciate and respect your resilience.

Just for future reference, and as the linked thread said in a nutshell ... all we ask is that you post in English (not a problem) with reasonable punctuation and spelling (a problem with the post in question).

This isn't a hard and fast rule here. This certainly isn't English class. We do allow some variation from standard English grammar and punctuation norms. Some times it's the best way to inflect some personality into your posts. Just format your posts so that they're readable and understandable. That's all we ask.

Thanks.
no problem

·
Super Moderator
9,180 Posts
Wow, totally off topic but ...

SuperMod, eh TM? I can honestly say that's the first time I've ever seen anyone here with that title. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
The title display is new; Bill just set the code up to display it today.

Supermods have been around for a while but Bill just configured the code to display it recently. Guitar Maestro just promoted myself and XR7-4.6 (Matt) to supermods last week.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
The title display is new; Bill just set the code up to display it today.

Supermods have been around for a while but Bill just configured the code to display it recently. Guitar Maestro just promoted myself and XR7-4.6 (Matt) to supermods last week.
Congrats , Could not happen to a better pep ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts