TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, as some of you may know currently have have a 95 Thunderbird LX sitting in my drive way in non-running condition. The motor runs and everything, but It goes through power steering fluid like my grand marquis does gas, so my parents decided that was cause enought to take it off the road. I was planning on getting another bird with my tax return, but I got way less than anticipated...leaving me with 1 option...salvage the bird I have. I just got around to taking pictures of the car and wanted to see what you guys think. So basiclly my question is...When I get my taxes back I'll have somewhere around $1,200...Is it worth the money to fix this thing or should I just Part out whats good and scrap the rest?

Backround on The car: Link to Pics: http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t207/puckboy508/

Its a 95 LX V8 40th Anniv. Edition. It has just a tick over 154k on it. As far as I know it is on the orginal motor and Tranny. It needs new power steering lines I know for sure. That and some front end parts. It could do with a tranny rebuild possibly...but I think the problem is probably the TC. I had the car for a few months before my parents made me give it up. In the time I had it I loved it and miss having it every day.

Any input greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I forgot to add...If any of you massachusetts TCCOA members would like to help fix this thing let me know as I am short on tools and limited in my mechanical know how.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Part it out!

It's going to cost a lot more than $1200 to get that car back into shape. It's a typical Ma rust bucket. I know...lived in Sandwich for many years and watched my cars deteriorate right in front of my eyes. Take your $1200 and put it down on another Bird like a 'low mileage '97...preferably one from the south with no rust. Have your parents co-sign and make payments on a really good one. You won't be dissatisfied. JMHO

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
It's going to cost a lot more than $1200 to get that car back into shape. It's a typical Ma rust bucket. I know...lived in Sandwich for many years and watched my cars deteriorate right in front of my eyes. Take your $1200 and put it down on another Bird like a 'low mileage '97...preferably one from the south with no rust. Have your parents co-sign and make payments on a really good one. You won't be dissatisfied. JMHO
yeah thast the way to go. that bird was nice and your gonna spend way more then 1.2k on just replacing the rusted out parts and sheet metal. go buy a bird from the west coast we don't know what rust looks like

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sideoiler...I see your in Sarasota, FL..thats right down the road from my grandmother...do you know of any birds for sale in the area???

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Hey all, as some of you may know currently have have a 95 Thunderbird LX sitting in my drive way in non-running condition. The motor runs and everything, but It goes through power steering fluid like my grand marquis does gas, so my parents decided that was cause enought to take it off the road. I was planning on getting another bird with my tax return, but I got way less than anticipated...leaving me with 1 option...salvage the bird I have. I just got around to taking pictures of the car and wanted to see what you guys think. So basiclly my question is...When I get my taxes back I'll have somewhere around $1,200...Is it worth the money to fix this thing or should I just Part out whats good and scrap the rest?

Backround on The car: Link to Pics: http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t207/puckboy508/

Its a 95 LX V8 40th Anniv. Edition. It has just a tick over 154k on it. As far as I know it is on the orginal motor and Tranny. It needs new power steering lines I know for sure. That and some front end parts. It could do with a tranny rebuild possibly...but I think the problem is probably the TC. I had the car for a few months before my parents made me give it up. In the time I had it I loved it and miss having it every day.

Any input greatly appreciated. Thanks.
wow..is that my car? I have the same car with the same rust spots, I know its well over 200K. Sucks to see them in that condition, they are great cars otherwise. Body shops are out of the question, a factory paint job alone with all those graphics is well over 3 grand(all my paint is faded). I say with all the bodywork its closer to 5 with a paint job. Even DIY is gonna cost a fortune, Probably the fenders and quarter panels have to be replaced for starters, rocker panels, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts