Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1989 Thunderbird SuperCoupe 3.8 V6 Supercharged
Shows 180K on the cluster, but ive changed that out
1800 FIRM

A little info

- 5 speed
- Power Everything
- Power moonroof
- 60/40 split rear leather seat (front are cloth because the leather seats were trashed)

MODS-

- 3:55 Ford Racing gears (stock is 2:88's)
- Borla 3" Exaust (gutted cats, no resonator)
- 10% Pulley
- Freshly rebuilt/ported blower
- B&M Ripper Short throw
- 5% tint
- CAI

The car is very fun to drive, has IRS (independant rear suspension), Fresh tune up just last week, gets pretty decent gas milage as well if you can keep your foot out of it. The exaust is a tad loud, but sounds good inside the car, not so much if your next to a jersey wall with the windows down.

The Bad - it needs sway bar end links, they rattle a little bit, unless you turn the firm ride on. Every once in a great while it will idle a little funny when its cold, figured it was a IAC going bad.

I drive this car everyday, so its not a project whatsoever. ]

Bring me $1800 this week and you can have the Bottle in Bag Nitrous kit from compucar (still installed), remote display radar, extra rims and tires and the car.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
v8pwrdbird said:
nobody has any input? i am shocked.
It was only 30 minutes since your first post....

$1800 seems like a really good deal to me. I would jump on it if we were closer to each other.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tinman_72 said:
It was only 30 minutes since your first post....

$1800 seems like a really good deal to me. I would jump on it if we were closer to each other.
yeah, i got really impatient for some reason. i really like this car but was not sure if it was better than my 95 4.6l performance wise. overall condition is.

·
Banned
613 Posts
car is pretty sleek looking man

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
nice sc, if i wasn't stuck on 94-95's i would consider.......yea and if it was closer, that will make the price go up alot for me....damn.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
yea if i wouldnt have bought my r/c car i woudl be at your door now. i seriously pissed i bought that little thing now. maybe next year.... :(

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
I dont think hes selling it, i believe he is looking at this bird and is asking for opinions.

Learning comprehension is tEh Win!!

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
warmaster259 said:
I dont think hes selling it, i believe he is looking at this bird and is asking for opinions.

Learning comprehension is tEh Win!!

ugh.....maybe your right, anyhow its posted over on sccoa also

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
warmaster259 said:
v8pwrdbird said:
Bring me $1800 this week and you can have the Bottle in Bag Nitrous kit from compucar (still installed), remote display radar, extra rims and tires and the car.
Sounds like a sales pitch to me...

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
tinman_72 said:
Sounds like a sales pitch to me...

I think hes quoting a sales ad. This thread is in the Super Coupe forum also, not the Fro Sale forum.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah, i was askin questions. potential buyer here. i have been urged not to buy based on NOS use. however what do some others think. is it a risky move. it does not sound like it has been sprayed much. and no i have not seen or drove it yet. maybe tonight. i have what some like to call compulsion buyin so i was aksing some others peoples thoughts. it is posted in SCCOA. i originally saw it on craigslist and started searchin around. he is a member of this board his name is Broke Neck.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
v8pwrdbird said:
yeah, i was askin questions. potential buyer here. i have been urged not to buy based on NOS use. however what do some others think. is it a risky move. it does not sound like it has been sprayed much. and no i have not seen or drove it yet. maybe tonight. i have what some like to call compulsion buyin so i was aksing some others peoples thoughts. it is posted in SCCOA. i originally saw it on craigslist and started searchin around. he is a member of this board his name is Broke Neck.
best thing you can do it drive it, from your earlier post, sounds like you have never driven a sc....that would help you so you would have a feel for how the car runs compared to others.......but you will be able to tell if somethings is seriously wrong because of the spray.
If you dont feel comfortable, dont buy.........but for the price it "appears" to be a good deal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts