TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the Eibach/Bilstein route last year and now, it seems that I am much lower. I am hitting/scraping on speed bumps that I have never before hit, etc, etc, etc. Also, my bird looks about 1/2 inch lower in the front than in the rear. I replaced the endlnks in the rear with the shorter ones also.....

I am going to get the ADDCO sways for front and back to beef it up....I love the stiff ride lol.

Anyone have any insight on this??

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Springs tend to settle over a period of time, that could be the deal with yours.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've seen Eibachs settle ALOT. I've had my H&R's for over two years and ~25,000 miles and they haven't settled. No scraping either, unless I have more than one friend over 200lbs in the backseat. Even then I can avoid it by being carefull.

·
Registered
175 Posts
if you have a problem with scraping speedbumps, just try to go over them at an angle instead of head-on....should help keep it from dropping the car so low, as only one wheel at a time is going over the bump instead of two, which causes the whole front or rear of the car to drop quickly

there are some really bad speedbumps near my house that i will bottom out on if i hit them straight on, but if i go over them at an angle, it doesn't bottom out....and i'm on stock springs/shocks, not lowered at all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts