TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another part of this forum some one said that green cats with green interior was rare. It might be a different green but I was wondering if a Deep Jewel Green Metallic Clearcoat 1994 cougar XR7 (4.6L) with an Evergreen interior is rare?
I was going to have the car painted black and do some custom interior work to it,
but I don’t want to destroy a rare car :)
So does any one know of this combo? Or does some one know how many cars were painted Deep Jewel Green Metallic Clearcoat or how many green interior cougars were made? I just want to know if I should keep a cool rare green XR7 or have a cool black XR7 :confused:
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
In general - XR7's are Rare :).

Does that keep me from modifying MY XR7? HELL NO!!!!

It's YOUR car, do with it what YOU want. If you've looked up used XR7's lately - you'll notice how 'valuable' they are - or more to the point - how cheap they are. I couldn't get $4000 Cdn. for my car the way it sits. Doesn't matter anyhow, I wouldn't sell her for $10,000 :D!

As much as I love my car - I highly doubt it will become a highly sought after collector's item, and therefore am not in the least bit worried about aftermarket modifications.

So - PAINT IT BLACK :).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how are XR7's rare? i thot that most 94 cougers were XR7?

there's not many MN-12 cougar site's on the net that i can find.
(hints my question :) )

what makes a XR7 differant than any other cougar from 1994?

thanks for your opinion,

·
Registered
46 Posts
I always hear did you pick that color interior, no it came that way(used car). It is the forest green, and the body is Silver. When i got to Tucson and meet PJ-4.2L I found out he has the same color interior as mine. So i don't think that color is all that odd. Also i have a 95 XR7, and I have seen a lot of them. I don't consider them to be to rare.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Well my car is rare. http://members.tccoa.com/shawn40th/
But I have learned something. Not many MN12s are actually rare in the fact that they are expensive or will be. I think the only one that is really a collecter item is the 35th. Maybe even some 95 SC 5 speeds. The 40th can be but not much was done from ford to make the 40th a anniversary car. A little two tone in the form of a vinyl sticker and some badges and thats it. So even though I might have a rare car I know it will not be a very expensive car in the future no matter what I do or dont do to it. I have just decided to do what I want and not worry about rarity. Thats the advice I would give to any rare MN12 except maybe those 35ths.
The green interior is a rare interior. But unless its a 60's/70's muscle car I dont think a color can make a car more money. The older cars were much more documented so if everyone can look up and say this year Cuda only had three blue ones in a HEMI then those might be worth money (not that any HEMI isnt already but just a example).

Have fun with the car.
-Shawn

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
burtonXR7 said:

there's not many MN-12 cougar site's on the net that i can find.
Just thought I'd point out the name of this place. TCCoA. Thunderbird and COUGAR Club of America. ;) I thought my 95 Bird was rare when I first got it because I thought it was a 40th anniv car. But I remember Shawn shooting down those ideas pretty quick! ;) (darn you and your 40th anniv fender badges!)

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
AverageJoe, I didnt mean to shoot anything down. Just pointing things out, lol. Your car is very nice whether its a 40th or not. And like I said since I dont think the 40th package alone will hold value to a car then it doesnt matter.
Call it the "almost 40th" or something.
If you ask a dealer they think any 1995 is a 40th tbird. so in dealers terms it is.

:D :cool: :)

-Shawn

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
I know, but I had all these aspirations of my car being worth a ton and a half of money in the next 15 years or so. :) But you put me in line and got me interested to learn more about these cars. :) (Although I still wish I had yours :p )

BTW, is there any way you could get me a sound clip of your DynoMax catback system? I've been trying to get a clip for a good while now. If you want, you can just email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
215 Posts
just paint it!

Make it look how YOU would have buil it...Thats the point of having a Nice ride..By the way BurtonXR7 ever go to Annabells on Frdy or Satday night??./l be looking for ya aound Lake and Geauga County...Later dudes

·
Registered
40 Posts
certain Xr7's are rare

From my understanding, some of these Xr7's are rare to an certain extent. I believe

XR7's with the blown 3.8's are a little rarer as to a 5.0 cat....

Mercury didnt make more than a couple thousand 3.8 super charged cats in certain years..
My buddy has a black on black blown 90' cat. He runs a 14.65. keep in mind this is

with a chip, mufflers and a smaller u/d pully! I think thats pretty good for a car that

heavy.. My self, i own a 91 5.0 HO bird. and with the mods i have i run a 15 flat @ 94mph.

The cats are nice cars, Im now downing any one... But these cars arent near as

rare as, say a FireHawk.... I dont think any average Joe is gonna look at a cat or bird

and say ohh this is a really rare car and fork over 13 grand for it,,

SO i say Mod that bird or cat so we can go out and spank up them GM'S!!!!!

8astang .02 cents.....

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Re: certain Xr7's are rare

8astang said:
From my understanding, some of these Xr7's are rare to an certain extent. I believe

XR7's with the blown 3.8's are a little rarer as to a 5.0 cat....

Mercury didnt make more than a couple thousand 3.8 super charged cats in certain years..
My buddy has a black on black blown 90' cat. He runs a 14.65. keep in mind this is

with a chip, mufflers and a smaller u/d pully! I think thats pretty good for a car that

heavy.. My self, i own a 91 5.0 HO bird. and with the mods i have i run a 15 flat @ 94mph.

The cats are nice cars, Im now downing any one... But these cars arent near as

rare as, say a FireHawk.... I dont think any average Joe is gonna look at a cat or bird

and say ohh this is a really rare car and fork over 13 grand for it,,

SO i say Mod that bird or cat so we can go out and spank up them GM'S!!!!!

8astang .02 cents.....
I might if I liked it enough! But I don't have 13 grand to fork over for a car and I like the slanted rear windows of a TBird better than the vertical ones of a cougar. :)

(Yes, I do enjoy moments like this because of my name)

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
yeah i thought the same too, check my interior...

Ford calls the color willow, I have yet to see another one with the same color....

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Willow isn't that rare, a few thunderbirds in here have that color interior, including mine. But I've got cloth interior and the thunderbirds don't have color matched steering wheels, and center councel tops.

·
Registered
40 Posts
AverageJOe

Well average Joe, I can think of a lot of nicer cars to spend 13,000 on that would

sadly say SPANK our MN12's.... Ofcourse it would be a ford needless to say....

It would be cool to have a 5 spd. sc. for about 6 grand and then dump the remaining

7grand in the motor and have ur self a GM KILLER!!!! THat scenario hasnt been

played out around Daytona Beach to my knowledge yet... hummmm, the GM boys

would crap them selves to see a bird flying past their SS\Z28\FireHawks\ or any

F-body for that matter.... If some one has one of these 11 second terrors lemme

know, I would be interested to see what u've got.

8astang .02 cents

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: yeah i thought the same too, check my interior...

jordansypek said:

Ford calls the color willow, I have yet to see another one with the same color....
that is almost dead on what i have.
the camera you used might have made the doors look brighter because mine is the same green as the dash.
question for the rest of you, will a black car look funkey with green interior?
i think it would match but not look great so i thot of putting in some black were ever i could and mabey some SC seats in the front and rear.
so will a black car look funkey with green interior?
thanks,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts