TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I'm blind, but I am not seeing any polyurethane options for where the shock bolts to the front LCA. Is there one available?

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
That middle hole. As far as I'm aware, there are no poly bushings for that guy. Just OE replacements that I am aware of. Perhaps SCP may have some, but I doubt it as well.

·
Super Moderator
7,662 Posts
Why? That won’t improve anything about the car’s handling.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With the factory style bushing, once the shock is torqued to the lower control arm, the only movement that would happen during suspension cycling would be the inner sleeve flexing in the molded rubber. Because of this, I never fully tighten these bolts unless the car was sitting close to ride height. With the factory arraignment of the steel shock there was no worries of excessive force.

The reason I am thinking about this is because I purchased SCP’s front QA1 coil-over setup. Looking at the picture, you can see that any any force from suspension cycling is directly on the end of the shock rod. I was hoping that a poly option would allow that inner sleeve to move freely and not transmit nearly as much twisting force on the rod.

I may be over thinking this... thoughts?

Now before anyone gives me too much flack for my decision to run these “inferior aluminum drag only” parts, lets let this current generation of coil-over prove them selves out. I have only seen one other person here running Bills coilovers, and he likes them. I wanted to give them a try as well. I’ll keep everyone posted with my experiences.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts