TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think it's amazing at the similarities to this early rendering of the 2015 (50th Anniversary Edition) of the Mustang and the MN12 Thunderbird.

Personally, I like this Mustang a lot better than the current one.

• Notice the triangular headlights? Looks a lot like the Tbird headlights huh?
  • Notice the tail lights that extend the full length of the rear end?
  • Notice the shape of the front spoiler?
  • Notice the section of the article that says "... After years of making the most of the Mustang's straight axle rear end, the Mustang will finally move to an independent setup."
  • Notice the side moulding that looks just like a reverse stamp of the side of a Dodge Charger?
http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2012/05/future-vehicles-2015-ford-mustang.html

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Needs side mirrors like an MN12. I see where they are going with mn12 look LOL.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
I don't like it coming from a Mustang point of view. Looks like a Jag. About time they go to a IRS tho. Looks cool, but has no Mustang soul in that crazy front end.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
It looks too soft and kind of Japanese, I could get used to the styling, I just dont think its muscular enough. I like my new edge SN95 for a modern Mustang...

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Jesus.. that's ugly. It looks like a mustang version of the Audi TT. It doesn't look anything like a mustang should look. It's probably the name that's throwing me off, call it something else and add different badges and it would be okay.

·
Super Moderator
9,188 Posts
Looks like a cross between the latest gen Taurus and Mustang.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Honestly, i like it a lot.

But, its not a Mustang. If Ford keeps designing cars like this to replace the current line up, i dont think they will be around much longer.

I think with that design, slap a Falcon or Comet logo on it, keep the mustang as it is with a solid rear axle and dont compact it so much.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Yep sure does ;)
*Jaguars*
I like how those new Jags are still on the largely MN12 derived DEW98 platform. Ford should stretch that new Mustang concept and make that a Thunderbird...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Do you think they will make closer to size of the Focus ?

·
Super Moderator
16,840 Posts
I like how those new Jags are still on the largely MN12 derived DEW98 platform. Ford should stretch that new Mustang concept and make that a Thunderbird...
Only the XF is DEW based ;) JK and XJs are on their own unique platforms

I think with that design, slap a Falcon or Comet logo on it, keep the mustang as it is with a solid rear axle and dont compact it so much.
Well the original mustang WAS a compact, in fact it wasn't until 2005 the Mustang wasn't derived from a compact chassis. (64-73 = Compact Falcon based. 74-78 = Subcompact Pinto based. 79-04 = Compact Fairmont based). The current Mustang is bigger than the biggest of the classic mustangs, the 71-73.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
All you haters just move over and I'll take 'er for a spin! Since I like everyone here, I'll just wait for y'all at the finish line because I'm that kind of a nice guy! :p

·
Listening on 141.850 mHz!
829 Posts
I definitely see Taurus and the new Fusion in that front end. I'm wondering if Lincoln will come back out with a 2dr V8 RWD sports coupe.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts