TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't want to 'interupt' the other thread on leather seats, but wanted an answer.

I have NICE black leather seats in my Cougar, but they don't have the lumbars.

So, I took the seat backs off my brother's trashed 89 SC, and the air pump/lines/switches from the bottoms.

I'm sure the seat back will bolt up to the 92 seat bottom.

What I want to do, is replace the red veloure of the 89 SC seats with black leather.

Who should I call about 'deals' or whatever? Think I can buy front seat leather skins only? And, are there fitment issues? I'm SURE that the seat bottoms from the 89 SC and 92 XR7 are the same, it's only the seat backs. So if I order 89 SC seat skins - they'll work?

And - are there wiring issues? Both seats already have power, and I'm assuming the wiring is there for the air pumps?

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
I am pretty sure that all the seat needs to get is power. All the rest is contained in the seat. Ask Big-Al where he got his covers. They are black leather and oh so comfy.
--Craig

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
The only wiring coming from any of the cars is power. The seat contains all the switches/motor/pumps if equipped

·
Registered
135 Posts
The basic seat frame is the same, ie. it bolts up. however, you will need the air lines and switches from the SC seats. If this thing ever gets worked out I may have a set of perfect black leather seat backs for sale. Keep in mind also that the leather is slightly different from the 89-92, not just the patteren, but the leather itself.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All they need is power, eh? So even if the plug isn't there, I could always splice power from another line? This should be easy - and if memory serves me correctly - I do have a spare plug laying under there with nothing attached to it.

I have the WHOLE passenger seat out of the SC, and just the driver's seat back out. I couldn't get at the bolts (car has no battery, and alot of wiring is butchered), so I had to rip apart the seat bottom's upholstery to get at the air lines, and air switches. I'll just retain my XR7 buttons.

So Dave - what exactly are you selling (shortly)? JUST the seat backs? And, are they SC seat backs that HAVE the back and side lumbar's? They are the only reason I'm going to all this work - my 92 seats already are black (and ooooh so comfy) leather, but just don't have any lumbars.

BTW - IS there a seat cover deal on? Or did I miss it?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I won't be doing anything until this seat thing is straightened out. The buy is currently over, but now that they have the patterns (apparently the WRONG ones however) I am sure that you could order another set. You won't get the same pricing we did though.

I would sell the whole seats, but the seat leather is not in very nice shape. The backs are about perfect though. Only thing is you are in Ontario and I am in Ohio, so unless you wanted to make a trip this way, I don't know how you'd get them.

When I get serious about doing something with them I'll post some pictures.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually Dave - the seat back SKINS are all I NEED. I'd buy top and bottom new seat skins, but the bottom leather on my car is great, and really doesn't need replacing.

Just so I'm clear - your seat backs are the SC style, including the side bolsters?

And - this price deal that WAS on, was this a member's only deal? Which by the way - I've not been invited yet to join :confused: .

Kevin.

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
A member of the club?

You don't need to be invited, go to http://www.tccoa.com/ and click on "Join TCCoA" (the yellow link)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes mine IS a 90 SC. But like I said, I'm not doing anything just yet.

The seat purchase was not a TCCOA thing, just a bunch of people who got together to get this done. (I think 16 all together back in April or so).

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK Dave - let me know if/when you're selling :).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts