1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
you can use any AOD or AODE aftermarket shifter. You might have to modify your console top though.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does anyone make a t-handle shift knob with the button to disengage the car from park?

·
Registered
965 Posts
The person I remember doing it on here had to hack up his transmission tunnel to make it work and it ended up being very labor intensive.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont really care as much about the peformance, just the looks. Is there any t-handle shift knobs I could put on my sc?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats what I was thinking but I was told you could probably run a wire and button somewhere else

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I don't get the aftermarket shifters. I like the stock one. If you do replace the shifter you need a momentary switch for the Overdrive Cancel Switch (OCS)
Alan

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
456 Posts
The second to last shifter doesnt look too bad, but there is one thing you definately want to consider...sunlight. The chrome/polished shifter handles get very hot in direct, or even ambient heat. In fact, the Mustang Bullitt/Mach 1's might be experiencing recalls in the near future for their manual shifter ball.

Post pics of whatever you decide. personally, I would rather have my O/D cancel(OCS) on the steering wheel, near my thumb. But considering some folks have had O/D switch failure due to wiring problems under the console, I couldnt imagine removing a steering wheel, or a column for that matter in the event of a OCS wiring problem.

·
The Parts Guy
7,359 Posts
dirtyd0g said:
I don't get the aftermarket shifters. I like the stock one.
:zwthstpd: Couldn't have said it better myself. But then again, I'm not really into all the bling bling stuff.

-Rod

·
midnight toker
1,497 Posts
this is what mine looks like and it wansn't had at all.... and the red button is my OD button again really easy, MN12XR7 has one as well but he didn't need the OD button.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I suppose it would be different if you spent all day manually shifting, or had a reverse manual valve body(drag apllication) where you used the shifter more than twice per trip. But to have a custom/aftermarket shifter for "looks"...I personally would rather spend my $$$ on go-fast/ride nice goodies.

But hey, its your cash...and your car...dont let some shmuck like me talk ya out of it...after-all, I put coils on a Mark VIII-removing the "trademark" of the whole car!

(thats ok though...it still sais "mark VIII" on the trunk, and has 4 cams!)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how does the stock shifter come off I just cant seen to get it off, btw its a 1994sc so is my shifter different than LX's? I can't find this clip that is supposed to be there

·
midnight toker
1,497 Posts
when i got it out i kinda had to dig for it with my tiny flatblade, and just got it after a little looking with my inspection mirror...

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
where is it down at the bottom near where the plastic is

·
midnight toker
1,497 Posts
there is a little lip about a half in. up from the plastic. facing the front of the car

1 - 20 of 28 Posts