TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that can be put together with clamps / bolts? With me always doing rear end, trans, and motor work I want something the can be taken off easily instead of having a exhaust completely welded.

Any good systems out there or should I go custom?
Right now I just have it un bolted at the resonator dumping under the car...

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
that can be put together with clamps / bolts? With me always doing rear end, trans, and motor work I want something the can be taken off easily instead of having a exhaust completely welded.

Any good systems out there or should I go custom?
Right now I just have it un bolted at the resonator dumping under the car...
:gotsearch

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=118883

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Why is it so cheap? Usually you get what you pay for... :rolleyes:
You want to pay more? Mandrel Exhaust Systems and SCP are the only two places to buy a good aftermarket system. Go to a local exhaust shop and see what they will charge you in materials and labor for the same thing if not worse.

94-97 THUNDERBIRD 4.6L EXHAUST X-PIPE W/ CATS

$295.00 Aluminized Steel, 2.25 Inch, Standard X-Section
$370.00 Aluminized Steel, 2.25 Inch, Resonator X-Section
$295.00 Aluminized Steel, 2.5 Inch, Standard X-Section
$370.00 Aluminized Steel, 2.5 Inch, Resonator X-Section
$370.00 304 Stainless Steel, 2.25 Inch, Standard X-Section
$445.00 304 Stainless Steel, 2.25 Inch, Resonator X-Section
$370.00 304 Stainless Steel, 2.5 Inch, Standard X-Section
$445.00 304 Stainless Steel, 2.5 Inch, Resonator X-Section

92-97 THUNDERBIRD EXHAUST TUBING KIT

$150.00 Aluminized Steel, 2.25 Inch
$150.00 Aluminized Steel, 2.5 Inch
$245.00 304 Stainless Steel, 2.25 Inch
$245.00 304 Stainless Steel, 2.5 Inch

SCP True Dual 2 1/2" Cat-Back Exhaust System

$749.99

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I just got my sport done for a little over $300 total, parts and labor. Custom 2.5" Xpipe and all 2.5" Duals all the way out from the front cats back. It was done by Charls at Barry's Performance Shop here in Fayetteville, NC. Let me tell you that young man can bend some pipe and fabricate some stuff.

He made the Xpipe from scratch right in front of me, and both pipes from the X back are one piece each, the driver's side has a 2 foot piece added to it since an 8 ft. length would not reach in one shot, but that's impressive imo, to have all those complex bends to be done in one 8 ft piece.

I would go back in a heart beat, I love the way it sounds, although it is HOLY CRAP LOUD lol. Definately flows well :D

If you bought a Resonated X Pipe and brought it to a reputable shop I would say that you would have probably @$400 wrapped up in parts and labor, so you would possibly save about $100 or so. Really comes down to what you want to do. Good luck.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just got my sport done for a little over $300 total, parts and labor. Custom 2.5" Xpipe and all 2.5" Duals all the way out from the front cats back. It was done by Charls at Barry's Performance Shop here in Fayetteville, NC. Let me tell you that young man can bend some pipe and fabricate some stuff.

He made the Xpipe from scratch right in front of me, and both pipes from the X back are one piece each, the driver's side has a 2 foot piece added to it since an 8 ft. length would not reach in one shot, but that's impressive imo, to have all those complex bends to be done in one 8 ft piece.

I would go back in a heart beat, I love the way it sounds, although it is HOLY CRAP LOUD lol. Definately flows well :D

If you bought a Resonated X Pipe and brought it to a reputable shop I would say that you would have probably @$400 wrapped up in parts and labor, so you would possibly save about $100 or so. Really comes down to what you want to do. Good luck.
Holy snap thats cheap! I wish there was a good exhaust shop around here, Last quote I got was 800 to do mine. I hate that my exhaust guy passed away last year!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
WOW!!! $800?!?!?!?!? I would either hit him for insulting me or run like my hair was on fire before it cost me just to stand there lol. Now remember I don't have SS exhaust, it's aluminized steel, but damn that's expensive for anything short of a happy ending by his wife LOL!

·
Registered
96 Posts
There is not many exhaust shops here (some so called hack your sh!t up shops) so they can price however. Now if Barry wouldnt have passed away it probably would cost me around 200 from the cats back.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Well here's an idea.... You make the trip up here, and get your exhaust done by Barry's Performance shop in Fayetteville, you can stay the night at my house or at a hotel whatever. Two bird lovers get to meet up and have some fun and even with the trip you would still save a bunch of money over the quote you got.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Maybe oneday. My cars is in a million pieces in the body shop right now wearing a new coat of primer lol

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Yes, I saw your thread. Coming along nicely imo. Just hit me up since hopefully I will be working there lol. I'm apprenticing atm, I will find out in a week or so if I have a permanent position there. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Good luck. Hope youll get the job. And thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts