TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for one, it doesn't hold its place when on a slight incline, and when I go over larger bumps, I hear a "eeeeeeeh" kinda sound from the left. Also, when I roll up my window all the way, it seems to move towards me a bit. Could it be that I need to replace my door hinges?

·
Registered
467 Posts
its coul dbe that...or you can lossend the bolts and move the door closer to the car

·
Registered
708 Posts
worn hinges

Theres this rubber piece in the bottom hinge that more or less holds the door open. Probably worn. Does your door sag low at all. Might need to replace the hinge. The lower one goes first.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My door doesn't seem to be sagging, but is there an official way to tell if it is? Sometimes, my door make a noise on some bumps. Maybe that might be an indicator that it's sagging?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Sure...open the door and try and pick it up from the jamb. If it moves up and down or is loose, your hinges are bad....also, if it's sagging, it won' line up correctly at the jamb, and the top rear corner of the door can start hitting the body in extreme cases.

It's possible it could be sagging but not have bad hinges...in that case, stick a floor jack under the door to hold it in place, then loosen the bolts in the jamb...I got enough 'play' that way to re-align the door without dealing with the nuts inside the car (PITA). More than likely though, the hinges are worn...

·
Registered
970 Posts
I think it's funny that you mention that your door moves closer to you when you roll the window up...mine does the exact same thing. After inspecting it further...it's just the interior door pannel that moves, and it appears to be perfectly normal.

My drivers side door makes noise on occasion...and my hinges are trashed.

-danimal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts