TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for another thunderbird for a little while now and i came across a 92 sc 5spd. It has a brand new motor in it with about 500 miles on it. Every thing seems to be fine with it( but I am no expert when it comes to a sc)he is asking 3900.00 for it The only catch is it has been sitting for four years now (The shop owner put a lean on it for the motor replacment ) with only a couples of quick trips in it from one side of the lot to another.
Again the car is very clean and tracks straight. I just wanted to get some feed back

Thanks

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hard to say without seeing it.
What's the Paint and interior like?
Does it have any rust issues?
How is the rest of the drive train?
How's it run? What details do you have on how it was rebuilt?
Most mechanics don't know enough about SC's and do more harm than good.
Can you get pictures?

Too hard to say without knowing more about it.
For that price you should be able to get a Bird in pretty good condition overall.
I would suggest you troll Craigslist in your area to get a feel for what they run.

·
Registered
66 Posts
how is the 2nd to 3rd shift they tend to grind? how many miles on body? realy need to get it out and go through the gears. feel how it dose in the turns at speed. 4 years siting check the tires, hoses, vac lines for dry rot. dose the ARC work right? rocker rust?look carefully for this one if it has moon roof and do the headlights flicker? just some stuf to check and do the seats hold air and work right?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The interior is very clean with one crack on the dash next to the windsheild. Paint is also good , faded but good with small rock chips in the front bumper. I didnt really notice any grinding in the tranny it was just sticky. I thought it was from it sitting for 4 years. The only light that is on in the dash is the abs light. And yes they all come on when you start the car. Here are some pics of the sc

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
Grim welcome to the forums! As bill had said check out the Texas chapter and post up in there. Most of us in houston meet up every weekend. This weekend we will be on the south east side of town.

If you don't know a lot about sc's you can see if one of the sc guys will go with you and check out the car. I'm off on Tuesdays and Wednesdays if that would work just let me know. Did you happen to get the vin number? One of the local guys can run a carfax for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW! Thanks for the responses. I have already run the car throught the D.M.V. ,and carfax and a couple of others that my brother can get into ( He owns a repo company ) It has only had two owners and one of them is the shop that put the lein on the car. And not much else of a history to it. The owner of the shop has given me all of the info on the shop that built the motor and in no way seems shady. So I said what the heck I have always wanted one. SO I will pick it up on the 12'th when I get back in town.
Thanks for all of the input/insight

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
S.c.

Go for it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts