DRIVER AIRBAG
LEATHER SEATS
PASSENGER AIRBAG
POWER LOCKS
POWER MIRRORS
POWER STEERING
POWER WINDOWS
TILT WHEEL

$5995 is the asking price, I know the blue book is more than that, but it has been there for a while, plus I don't have that much. It is pretty clean, a few dings and scratches, runs strong, ok miles. My trade in won't bring more than $500. Any advice?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Whether its high or not, always try to talk him down.
If its been there a while, hopefully they'll want to get rid of it.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
in my opinion, no bird from '97 and older is worth $5995. Maybe $3500 on the high end if it's in excellent condition. Just my .02, i personally wouldn't do it. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
4 yrs ago I paid 4700 for my 95 with 73,000 on the clock.It has most of the same features plus a power sunroof.
Alan

·
Registered
927 Posts
I think it's a little high. You can find the same year with similar options with lower mileage for the same price or less. But I wouldn't expect anyone to go from $5995 to $3500 unless there are some problems. It never hurts to try though.

You'd probably be better off looking for a private party who is desperate for money, and needs to sell their car NOW. That way you can screw 'em and get a really good deal.:leftright

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took a good look at it today, but didn't talk to the dealer. It doesn't have leather seats, but it looks pretty good. Also I havn't seen a 97 in person before and this one is a GT is that standard or an upgrade. Stupid question, but before I was a lowly 89 standard coupe guy. Also any ideas on how I can talk this guy down to a good price would be helpful.

·
8,239 Posts
nope bud, there was no thunderbird GT.

They were all LX models.

If its a dealership then you probably won't have a huge amount of luck talking them down to a realistic price.

Take a look at autotrader.com and find some nice 96-97 birds with v8's in your area and see what the price should be.

JH

·
8,239 Posts
yeah those stickers came off a mustang. They share the same motor as the mustang but some people get a little carried away :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts