TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i get moving around 20 and over a dull humming sound starts. It never stops unless I am turning right and as I straighten out it starts humming again????????????? Sound seems to be coming from the passenger front

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
did you make sure the rotors aren't warped? i've never heard of bearings humming.. it is usually a warped rotor or a bad tire.. least that's what i've seen

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
jamesD said:
did you make sure the rotors aren't warped? i've never heard of bearings humming.. it is usually a warped rotor or a bad tire.. least that's what i've seen

I agree with 'jamesD' its probably a warped rotor or worn tires.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Check the tires really well. If the tread on the outside or inside of one of the tires is worn really funny, or has chunks out of it, it could make the noise, then go away when the tire leans in a turn. It does it when turning right, so I would focus on the outside of the right tire, and the inside of the left tire.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
ya its probably a bearing. Can u almost feel it in the pedals and does it get louder and louder as u pick up speed?

-Matt-

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
My beater t-bird does that, and when I attempted to get it inspected the guy said that both front wheel bearings are shot. I wiggled them to see for myself and DAMN, they were bad. Worse part is that the wheel bearings cost an arm and 2 legs for the early mn12 birds. I might just have to convert to the newer style.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I can tell you with great confidence that it is your wheel bearing. My Diamante had the same problem. It would hum while driving, but stop when I turned right. You cans continue to drive it for short distances if it is still a low hum, but STOP driving when it sounds like your being chased by a 747, or louder than it is now. I drove on a bad bearing for about two months. Give or take a week. I would get it fixed as soon as possible though, just for safe measure.:tongue:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts