TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a '98 Mark VIII that "left the pavement" last winter and ended up in a field after going through a fence. Has front bumper, hood, headlight damage, as well as rear bumper and tail light damage. The airbags (as in, interior bags, not suspension) blew, as well.

Yesterday while at a local yard, I tripped across a '98 Mark with most of those items intact, as well as its rear end, motor, and transmission, and most of the interior. It's missing the front-left strut and knuckle assy., front-right headlight, and the rear quarters are banged up on each side. Also missing the driver's seat and steering column (though they were cool enough to leave the driver's side airbag in the car.) I asked the guys at the yard and they said $1500 takes the car.

Is that reasonable? I would like to go in on the purchase with my friend and snag the power and drive train from it and try to sell of the rest of the stuff on it. What say you, TCCoA? Reasonable?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yea...I can give you a Mark VIII for $400 lol.

$1500 for THAT is unreasonable. They have a Mark VIII in a lot here with nothing wrong but front bags down for $800.

·
Registered
962 Posts
A friend of mine has a '98 Mark VIII that "left the pavement" last winter and ended up in a field after going through a fence. Has front bumper, hood, headlight damage, as well as rear bumper and tail light damage. The airbags (as in, interior bags, not suspension) blew, as well.

Yesterday while at a local yard, I tripped across a '98 Mark with most of those items intact, as well as its rear end, motor, and transmission, and most of the interior. It's missing the front-left strut and knuckle assy., front-right headlight, and the rear quarters are banged up on each side. Also missing the driver's seat and steering column (though they were cool enough to leave the driver's side airbag in the car.) I asked the guys at the yard and they said $1500 takes the car.

Is that reasonable? I would like to go in on the purchase with my friend and snag the power and drive train from it and try to sell of the rest of the stuff on it. What say you, TCCoA? Reasonable?

I think it is. Hell, that beats ebay prices and haveing to go each part on diffrent runs is a pain in the ass. Besides if that one is black, I'll buy the carpet from ya!
lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts