TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I read on another thread that a black box, in the trunk of the car, drivers side, is the keyless module. I snapped some pictures, of what I think might be it. I'm not sure though, as when I bought my car, I wasn't given a key fob.

Here are the pictures

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about in the last picture, the gray female socket? Is something supposed to connect there? If so, what? I looked around, and couldn't find anything that would go in there.

And how would I short it so I could reprogram it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That empty connector is for programming and is in fact the one your supposed to short to reprogram the key fob.
So nothing is supposed to be connected there?
And how would I jump/short it to reprogram it?

I found this online, and still not sure what to do.
turn ignition to RUN or ACC. Momentarily jump pins in programming connector located in LR qtr panel area. All doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode. Press any button on 1st transmitter. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. Press any button on 2nd transmitter (up to 4 transmitters total possible). Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.
Do I just shove something into the connector and join the pins in there?

·
5,650 Posts
So nothing is supposed to be connected there?
And how would I jump/short it to reprogram it?

I found this online, and still not sure what to do.

Do I just shove something into the connector and join the pins in there?
No, nothing is supposed to plug in there normally. Yes, it is as simple as shoving something conductive in there.

·
Banned
754 Posts
if you got some wiring skills, you can pull the module out of there, and pull it back into the car, tuck it under the side panel in front of the rear speaker.

......it's part of my plan to empty out my trunk, but the wires aren't all run "straight", in order to get the wires to the right spot they need to be cut, un-tangled, and soldered back together, or else some of the wires want to stay in the trunk.

anyway thats entirely pointless i'm sure, just thought i would put it out there.

·
Super Moderator
10,586 Posts
No, nothing is supposed to plug in there normally. Yes, it is as simple as shoving something conductive in there.
Seems like a dime just fits, IIRC.

·
Super Moderator
16,984 Posts
if you got some wiring skills, you can pull the module out of there, and pull it back into the car, tuck it under the side panel in front of the rear speaker.

......it's part of my plan to empty out my trunk, but the wires aren't all run "straight", in order to get the wires to the right spot they need to be cut, un-tangled, and soldered back together, or else some of the wires want to stay in the trunk.

anyway thats entirely pointless i'm sure, just thought i would put it out there.
Very pointless. Your going to move a cleanly mounted module(that is so out of the way already that most poeple dont notice it), cut and shorten 60+ wires, and mount it where some hack job best buy "installer" would?

I dont get it. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
10,586 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts

I have another plan for you, swap the rear subframe and the front K member so you not only have front wheel drive, but also rear steering.
Although you'll end up with an engine in the trunk, you could then say you have nothing at all under the hood.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Very pointless. Your going to move a cleanly mounted module(that is so out of the way already that most poeple dont notice it), cut and shorten 60+ wires, and mount it where some hack job best buy "installer" would?

I dont get it. :confused:
whoa.....people certainly get flustered when someone does something to their car that they can't understand.

First of all, it was only about 3 or 4 wires I had to cut to untangle.... I didn't shorten anything.

secondly, I can't have my trunk sprayed with rhino liner with electronics in there.

thirdly, that box gets in the way of me mounting my amplifiers where I want them, how I want them.

I've cleaned up the wiring, and run it all in wire loom, added an antenna wire extension, and it works just fine, allowing me to have my trunk lined and build fiberglass amp racks behind my wheel wells.

so why don't you stop being dicks and criticizing me for what I do with MY car simply because you don't know the plan.

you're probably going to crap your pants a couple of times when I tell you I'm going to move the inertia switch too.

·
Banned
754 Posts
I dont care what your trying to do to your car. If you didn't want criticism why did you bother bringing it up?

The op asked a simple question and you randomly chimed in saying he could move it and how to do it for whatever reason.
ya and no one held a gun to this head saying he had to do it...... he;s a big boy, and can make decisions for himself.

·
Super Moderator
9,252 Posts
Good to hear it all worked out for you. :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts