TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i found a posi track lock and the 3.73s gear n pinon set . The guy said i need an installation kit and he'll install it for me all for $1185 dollors:eek: is that to expensive for all that there all brand new , so i dont kno .if anybody can help me out with that n let me know if the price is to steep,and if im getting :zraped: or if its just right or anyting thanks:confused:

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Mn12KnightRyder said:
Ok i found a posi track lock and the 3.73s gear n pinon set . The guy said i need an installation kit and he'll install it for me all for $1185 dollors:eek: is that to expensive for all that there all brand new , so i dont kno .if anybody can help me out with that n let me know if the price is to steep,and if im getting :zraped: or if its just right or anyting thanks:confused:
That's a ripoff. Call Dan Newman website and get a complete frpp diff with 3.73 trak-lok for 700 or less.
Part number is M-4001-M373.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks alot man i just wanted to find out thanks

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
I can't find it on FRPP's web site anymore. Looks like they may be phasing it out? Anyone know?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just called the company that is charging me 1185 they said that comes with everything including an installation kit so what really does come with a gear n pinon set n a posi lock ?

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Mn12KnightRyder said:
I just called the company that is charging me 1185 they said that comes with everything including an installation kit so what really does come with a gear n pinon set n a posi lock ?
who did you call? i got a trac lok for 70$, 3.73s with all the bearings for 70$, and Had it installed in an extra center section by Steve Lee at Reith for 200$.

joseph

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called one of the local car shops accessory depot **** and they told me it comes with a installation kit the posi the gears n pinons and 200 $ for installation the posi n gears n pinons are running 900 $$ he said there all ford parts n he has them in stock so i dont know what to do cause i dont know of any other places. I call the number givin in the last post and i left a message so now im stuck n confused:confused:

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Mn12KnightRyder said:
I called one of the local car shops accessory depot **** and they told me it comes with a installation kit the posi the gears n pinons and 200 $ for installation the posi n gears n pinons are running 900 $$ he said there all ford parts n he has them in stock so i dont know what to do cause i dont know of any other places. I call the number givin in the last post and i left a message so now im stuck n confused:confused:
EXACLTY WHAT SHOP DID YOU CALL?

a master install kit from the FRPP catalog is about 80$

if you want to get gears seperately, get them from www.nitrostangracing.com

a 28spline trac lok (posi is a chevy thing) shouldnt cost anymore than 60$ on ebay.

You will need 2 quarts of gear fluid and a bottle of friction modifier.

A brand new ford sealed aluminum 3.73 trac lok unit from Joe Cooper Ford is about 700$.

If you want to get the parts seperatley, ill sell you my old 3.27 open center section.

Do not call Route 66 or Mustang Specialites.

Reith does Tbird installs 561-369-1711 or 1171.

Steeda does them also, but is distgustingly expensive.

BilletDesign.com does them. Ask to speak to Bart Tobenoer

UPR does installs uprproducts.com

Find the number for Polo's Posi Service he is in Pembroke Pines.

joseph

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Even brand new the trac-lock from Ford is $229. Gears are $190. Installation kit complete with bearings, shims etc. is $109. Figure $250 maximum for installation. That adds up to over $700, and if you want 3.73's, then get the FRPP centersection for less, and you can install it yourself, it's really easy, and it comes already setup, it's just bolt and go.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks alot man i just ordered from joe cooper . He told me that ford discontinued the frrrp , but i ordered the last one damn im happy thanks alot yal'll now i got to wait a little and find a shop that:uppoint: can install it for me thanks alot again

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Mn12KnightRyder said:
Thanks alot man i just ordered from joe cooper . He told me that ford discontinued the frrrp , but i ordered the last one damn im happy thanks alot yal'll now i got to wait a little and find a shop that:uppoint: can install it for me thanks alot again
They've discontinued it... well that's great. Here's message from Dan:

I sold out of the pumpkins that I had in stock and ordered out 12 more from Ford Racing, and they informed me that they are no longer available. I am checking to see if I can get them to reinstate the number. They probably won't. What a shame.

Talk to you later,

Dan Newman

:mad:

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Guess SW will have to update the raffle prizes.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
Maybe they are gearing up for 4.10's, since that is quickly becoming the preffered gear with Cobra guys.
I wouldn't mind that. :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
As long as I can still get my Torsen I'm good. Heck if that falls through I could go the more expensive route and get a Quaife, for the extra money at least it is a lifetime warranty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts