TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
The install alone is supposed to take 7 hours. So unless you've got a friend that can do it, and knows what he/she is doing and wants to work for cheap. We're talking like a $500 install. If you're really set on buying just the ring & pinion though you can get them for $140 elsewhere.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wat else would u recomend ? doing

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Buy the FRPP pumpkin if your going to get 3.73s.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Differential Decisions!!!

When I changed my gears, I also changed to a different type of differential. Trac-Locs only last me about 30K mi., before I tear'em up completely. Now I have an Auburn Cone, which is sturdier than the Track-Loc, BUT If you're thinking of an Auburn, I'd recommend the Auburn Pro. I have the regular Auburn, but I could use something with more bias pressure on the cone. More bias pressure = less slippage!

If I ever wear out the Auburn, I Absolutely getting a TORSEN differential!!!!! The Torsen is a "Worm / Wheel" diff. Completely Gear on Gear, no clutches to wear out!!!! It's also the smoothest differential you can buy!!!!!

68COUGAR

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Hmmmmm......What brand of gears are they? I didn't see that listed. There are only a couple gear manufacturers worth buying from.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
well.....use the ford style diffy.......throw an extra shim in there...its more of a locker then a limited slip....my friend did that...we will see how long the clutches do hold up tho

1 - 7 of 7 Posts