TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
01 panthers are pi. im not sure but i think i 95 mark viii is dohc.. you would need to talk to lonnie at b o c

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I think I'll be going for the PI then, I've heard that the police interceptor isn't suggested though, is that right?
I don't know if it's suggested or not, but by now i'd expect an '01 police cruisers motor to have high miles on it as well as having spent a huge amount of hours just idling...unless it was wrecked early on or something like that. Hard to tell when all he's got is the drivetrain to sell.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called he said its still in the car but he doesnt know how many miles are on it and to call in about an hour to find out.

·
Registered
663 Posts
the time spent idleing doesnt seem that bad to me, my friend has a 97 p71 with quite a few miles, i dont know how many off hand but it was auctioned from the cops so it lived through all they wanted to put it through. and that thing doesnt use any oil and runs like a top with great compression in all 8, and thats a non-pi. if you get that trans in the package deal youll need to get a shorter drive shaft cause the cop 4r70w has an inch longer tail shaft than a regular 4r70w for the benifit of shortening the driveshaft. its a fleet vehical so you know its oil has been changed like clock work, and all the little bugs have gotten worked out. i would go for it, personally.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
they are both a good deal, everyone knows which one I'd choose lmao

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm going to go check this out tomorrow, anything I may want to look out for?

EDIT: By "This" I meant the Crown Vic motor and tranny.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts