TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a dynomax exhuast kit on my car and im sure you all know that it only covers the back half of my exhaust. I was thinking about upgrading the front half with 2.5 or 2.25 inch pipe with magnaflow cats from my manifolds into a 'Y' pipe than into my dynomax kit.

The stock pipe now is only 2". My dynomax is 2.5 for the intermediate pipe and 2.25 wear it 'Y's back out to the muffles.

Is this worth it? should i go with 2.5 or 2.25 OR scracth the whole idea? Will i loose to much torque and not gain any HP?

Thanks, TJ

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Sell you're cat back and find someone to mount a DI/DO midmount muffler and run true duals with high flow cats all the way back.Magnaflows probley sound the best.Probley have it set up and bent for around 400-500 dollars.At least thats about what everyone is paying.

·
Registered
484 Posts
i would deff sell that cat back and go with a custom true dual. get the highflow cats, the way i always think of an exhaust is that its only as strong as it weakest link witch would be the stock cat.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
well I dont' know where you all are going... I paid 120 cash and they cut the 3rd cat off and put 2.25" duals all the way back welded in my Borlas for me and hung it all up. 450-500 seems WAY high.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts