TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another random question... Jejeje. My computer's broke, so I'm just sitting on my crappy laptop surfing the forums, cause I can't do much more then that. But anyway, you know how people refeer to their cars in a masculine or feminine voice, so I wonder how you guys see our cars? I know my car is a "he." I never seen anything feminine about it. When people refeer to a T-Bird as "her," I wanna tell them, "Excuse me, that's a him, thank you."

I know, I know, stupid discussion. But hey, I'm bored. I'm gonna kill the person who came up with that damned worm that won't even let me boot up my main computer even with a boot disk.... ::cocks gun:: Raawwrr!

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Her name is Krystal.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My cars don't have names, and when they do, it's mostly expletives. This much I *do* know.

The '95 GT is a boy, for sure. Through and through, this car has been nothing buit a bastard, one that sucks the life and finances right out of me. I love it none the less, but that's something that a nice young female wouldn't do. Furthermore, the car is hardheaded. That's a male trait. And it thinks it's the freakin alpha dog too. So yeah, it's *definitely* a boy, 99% of the time, it's a prick. :)

The '89 LX, on the other hand, is a girl. OMG, this is so weird to explain. Basically, long story short, the car was owned from 1989-2002 by an elderly couple. It was stored in a barn, and driven to such fun filled events and places as the "Yacht club". It hung out with all sorts of elite people, and was bone stock with 15,300 miles when we got it. The car is triple white. It's so clean it's almost sickening. Literally not a mark on it. Therefore, the LX has an attitude. It's "prissy"......like that damn hen in Looney Tunes. Gets on my nerves at times, almost like the car is too good for *me*! So that was in definitely a female, and a high maintenance one at that. :)

FWIW, I *never* refer to them as "she" or "he". It's always "The GT", "The LX" or "them".

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
her name is kitty

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Evil95GT said:
My cars don't have names, and when they do, it's mostly expletives. This much I *do* know.

The '95 GT is a boy, for sure. Through and through, this car has been nothing buit a bastard, one that sucks the life and finances right out of me. I love it none the less, but that's something that a nice young female wouldn't do...............
LOL Sounds female to me!!!

My car has no gender, its an inanimate object so is referred to as "it". Though I do usually refer to it as "the Tbird" or "the bird".

And like many shadetree mechanics, it does tend to earn other less pleasant names at times.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
oh i forgot to add,
the f150, his, name is beast
the galaxie , i cant come up with a good name
mustang , havnet came up with one yet
the g20 van, hoopty van or shagwagon

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
I always refer to the cougar as "her", "the Cougar", or "the Cougie".

Why "her" I dunno. But, I'm pretty sure this is the most trouble free relationship I've ever had though :eek:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Everyone calls mine THE Cougar. But I think the Cougar is a "she". Before I changed the fuel pump, it would always get a little moody at the same time every month, no word of a lie.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
My Thunderbird is definitely a female. My F-100 I think I decided was masculine once it was rolling, but the other day I got in and said "Let's go, darlin'" and that was just awkward for both of us.

Neither of them has a name, that's too much of a commitment.

·
Registered
825 Posts
i just call mine "the power bird":D and i hate thunder chicken is sound so stupid.:redmad:

·
Registered
871 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
My first car, the 96 Thunderbird, was definantly female....Her name was Elaine...she had class & style.

My second car, the red 2001 focus, was an evil, evil woman named Christine. She just wouldn't die...couldn't be destroyed. I tried to get rid of her, but she came back....

My third car, the Orange 2004 Mustang....I'm not really sure. I called it "The General" for quite a while.....becuase.....you know, the color! I guess it seeems like it's a dude, but I'm not really sure....OH I GOT IT! MY MUSTANG'S NAME IS PAT! IT'S PAT! IT'S PAT! IT'S PAT!

Earl

·
Registered
208 Posts
my bird is a her, if you ever listened to me talking to her you would figure it out by the female dog term

our white 03 silverado and white 93 f150 are usually referred to as the white truck. when asked which white truck, normally the main drivers name is used....our trucks have no gender

1 - 20 of 29 Posts