TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried lowering my bird using an eibach pro kit... now the rear was supposed to be lowered 1.5" I got poly isolators for the rear from supercoupeperformance.com and with them it actually raised .5" off stock... can anyone tell me the thickness of the stock isolators or tell where to get the right ones?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
The new springs need time to settle.
Remeber you are replacing close to 10 year old springs as well as the isolators.

Also the new springs are stiffer than the stock ones you replaced.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
see, thats funny, when I installed my 1.5's, they were low right away....weird, every car is indeed different.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys sure... I mean these isolators I got were damn huge and plus my '96 bird only has 25k on it. A 2" difference from where it should be is alot.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Did you change your sway bar endlinks

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Jersey Bird said:
um... at the risk of sounding like a de de dee... i thought only the front had a swar bar... but anyway, no
not necassary...I didn't change my endlinks.
If I were you, I'd pull the new Isolators, and put your stock ones back in.

Hell, I don't even run em anymore....not noisy what so ever.

·
Registered
55 Posts
when i installed the -1.5 pro kit with the poly islolators i had the same issue. the car was jacked up looking in the rear. i put about 5k on the car over the last year and there just starting to even out. i think my stock springs were saggin 1.5 inches so i didnt see a big differance in height. so i would leave the poly isolators and you will be fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts