They're Mustang owners; 'nuff said.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Hey dont hate on mustang owners.. :tongue:

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I don't understand why Nick would act like that. I do everything for people because I'm a small guy and I understand human nature which is this:

Get 1000 "Great Job" pats on the back and just 1 "Screw Up Big Time" and see what people remember about you.

Rapid growth demands rapid turn around time (comparatively) which costs quality. Y'all have seen the triangle, right? FAST-QUALITY-CHEAP You can only get two of those at the most!

Nick will probably respond here; I've pushed his shop every chance I get and I probably won't stop until it bites me! :D

·
Registered
966 Posts
I could see both sides I guess. Apparently this isn't the first time he's done this, according to SVT performance, but then again they are the typical Mustang douche bags.

·
Super Moderator
10,398 Posts
I don't understand why Nick would act like that.
I'd say Mustang types whining about "Is it ready yet?", Nick offering to ship what he had, and them not liking it.

Totally guessing, but that's usually the way it goes; give them anything to make them shut the f*ck up, and it bites you.

I usually don't care to lose customers like this, personally. It simplifies life.

I've owned a shop; electronics, not cars, but the aholes are the same. :)

None of this will in any way change a damn thing about the stuff I'm planning to get from MHS. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
None of this will in any way change a damn thing about the stuff I'm planning to get from MHS. :)
Same here. Personally I have experienced nothing but excellent service from Nick.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Nick has an awesome rep here (and that is not easy to do). I trust the members of this forum; nobody has done me wrong on any level here.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
The way Nick packs the cylinder heads in the boxes, you could ship them back and forth across the entire United States ten times, and there wouldn't be a scratch on them. This I can vouch for. They obviously weren't re-packed properly when they were sent back to him from LMS Engines because they didn't get to LMS with the cam cap already snapped. That guy needs to be crying to LMS to get his $1000 for their lousy re-pack job. They agreed to repack, they're responsible, regardless of who paid for the shipping labels.

Nick sent my heads directly to Swaintech for coating. Now those guys [Swaintech] are responsible, They packed up everything properly before they were sent to me, which is evident that they received them that way from MHS.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
By the way, if they were shipped UPS, UPS will refund the money for the damaged part. They have done it for me on two different parts I shipped that arrived broken.

If it's over $100, they will want to pick up the part and inspect it, under $100, they just send a check.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
When I received my 4v heads from Nick they were EXTREMELY well packed just like Oscar mentioned they could survive world war 3 (ok maybe not, but definitely whatever UPS/FedEx could throw at them).

I had the heads checked by my college engine rebuilding class professor who used to be a heavy line tech for ford. He's pulled more modulars apart then most people would ever even change oil on, he's done it all from full replacements to valve jobs and head work during the cobra tick catastrophe.

In the class we had a brand new automotive lab and brand new tools, we had all sorts of refurbished valve machines, seat seal checkers, seat cutters, small bore micrometers, depth gauges, run out gauges, etc... everything you'd imagine a top notch valve train shop would have, plus a tool room, diesel lab, etc...

I had my 4v heads, (and my fox lake PI 2v heads) checked upwards, downwards, inside, outside, fluxed, pressure checked, guide clearance, seat seal, valve "play", surface warpage, bore straightness, bore roundness, all of it. After it was all said and done we also plasigauged all of the cam bearing bores. All for no other reason then I had the time to check them and it was educational. It took a total of 1 month of classes (2 nights per week 4 hours each) to check mine over before I threw the 4v heads on and timed the cams in class... and guess what...?

They were drop dead perfect.

The fox lake heads had two bad valve seats and bad guides which we took care of in class, they are sitting in my garage waiting for my f150. :D

He said if he didn't know better he would have guessed that the heads from Nick were brand new castings that had been ported and then corrected himself and said hell "I've seen new cores with warpage and core shift" much more likely they are perfect "seasoned" heads that had been ported. My fox lake heads on the other hands he told me looked like they had seen better days, but after the repairs were ready for serious abuse. He said that he was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the work from Nick and that the heads were worth the wait.

If I had to do it all over again I would have switched to race port C-heads, but I don't have that kind of budget now, and I didn't then either.

I read the two nasty posts on that site about whinny jerks and 4v heads, I seriously hope Nick isn't going anywhere anytime soon because when the time comes I'll be using him again for my 4v needs. (Just a warning Nick... if they aren't perfect like last time I will let you know :tongue:)

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend his services.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
They obviously weren't re-packed properly when they were sent back to him from LMS Engines because they didn't get to LMS with the cam cap already snapped. That guy needs to be crying to LMS to get his $1000 for their lousy re-pack job.
^^Exactly.

From what I read on the forum he did not get the best of service but all in all they were not re-packaged right and that is not Nick's fault so he should not have to bite the $1k

1 - 16 of 16 Posts