TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts
I've been thinking that the communities in general should be unified to some extent just to keep the interest levels up and the information out there. And there's a pretty simple solution. Any one remember the internet back around the windows 1995 era ;) I do but only vaguely as I didn't get a internet enabled computer till Win98 SR2. But something Does come to mind. Back when I first sat down at someone's computer in 96 or so there was something called a Web Ring. And it was a simple collection of linked sites relating to one interests. In this case my interest was 67-68 Gen 1 Cougars. Specifically S Code Big Block cars. You would surf from web page to web page via links.

There's really no reason this can't happen again. All we and the SCCoA need to do is add a banner of web links to each other. EG for the life of me I can't understand why we don't have links to Eric Dess's excellent AeroCats site. The SCCoA, Lincolns of distinction etc somewhere prominent here. Most of these sights are not engaged in eCommerce so it's not like anyone's going to lose anything by offering up links to some related sites. And frankly someone really needs to copy AeroCats format and put up a year by year resource for the MN12 Thunderbirds.

A simple banner of related sites are all we need to get the ball rolling as far as circling the wagons. Everybody wins. The next step would be to opening up some of our meets to each other.

To be honest IMO, SCCOA has more collectors/restorers (the 35th, and rarity/obscurity of a SC) so in general attracts people more interested, more involved and more willing to spend money. Where as TCCOA brings in everyone else (I was only here and GTbird for years) and so many kids wanting to put a 5.4 in or make 300hp with $50 or just people with no real interest. The two groups by in large clash.

The next step would be to opening up some of our meets to each other.
This goes on now, actually has been for some time. Go to Carlisle, The Summer Bash and just recently the SC Shootout and there are SCCoA and TCCoA folks there.

Joe

Everyone has always been invited to the shootout. Just gotta get off your butts and get there. Buncha bench racers I guess.

Carlisle is a great turnout and a ton of fun.

But like said before a merge isn't gonna happen cause of the owner ship.

The tech here is great. I would suck to lose that.

A merger??? Lol never gonna happen. Y'all remember why TCCoA got started in the first place right?
No. Very few people here know what went on in 1997-1998!

Maybe we should come up with a login with Facebook type thingy? Idk I try to talk to people about their mn12 when I'm out and about but usually I get the look of why do you care so much about my car? An maybe it's just me but not alot of people seem to care about their cars like we do. I've been saying forever I want to be a paying member but I'm just a broke college student who has to find things to pawn just to have gas to get too and from school every week. My newb ridden 2 centavos.

I agree. I do only for contact with family since for whatever reason calling people has became obsolete. I'm just trying to help something I enjoy survive. My apologies.

Actually it is quite interesting over on the Facebook Page. I see a fellow that is a puller over there willing to hit the yard for some folks. Facebook is much more than social media, rather the groups on there are the new "Newspapers" where you can get local news instantly and sell anything including cars in a flash.

I was not interested in it until I found out about the groups. You do not even have to Friend people, you can just join the groups. Before Facebook many forums were red hot but now many resort to it and it has all but killed Forums. People spend their entire time on Facebook. Sad but true

Yeah I actually am in the TCCOA group on FB. I'm also a member of cougarholics and team thunderbird. In each of the aforementioned groups I posted on the wall of the group telling people about this site specifically and how anything and everything you could ask has been spoken about atleast once before. I really cherish this site for what it is and what it has done for me and I'd just like to help someone learn atleast one new thing about their car. Which is a a win in my opinion.

Yeah I actually am in the TCCOA group on FB. I'm also a member of cougarholics and team thunderbird. In each of the aforementioned groups I posted on the wall of the group telling people about this site specifically and how anything and everything you could ask has been spoken about atleast once before. I really cherish this site for what it is and what it has done for me and I'd just like to help someone learn atleast one new thing about their car. Which is a a win in my opinion.
Same here. It's one of the first things I check out whenever I go on FB. While I know that this specifically is what is killing the TCCoA FB group, along with many other forums, is all the activity there is there from all the members. A question, comment, or picture is posted, and within no more than a few hours you'll have a few replies to your topic. However, FB is definitely not for finding permanent information, so I like to come here for that kind of stuff.

I'm also a member of a few other Thunderbird groups, but I find the TCCoA FB group to be the most interesting. Perhpas, that's because many of us from here are there.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.