TCCoA Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts
y'all that don't have a Facebook acct are missing out on a ton of stuff
Like me constantly asking for help on a bunch of misc. issues on my engine work and dash removal, lol.

Like how the passenger side of the gasket somehow started leaking on me while I was filling up the coolant system. Or how the oil filter I got from NAPA didn't fit.

Then there are people who have really sick birds and cats. Like the one guy put in a silly amount of cash into his 95 cat over a 3ish month period and is now pushing out like 330WHP. Or this guy named Matt Mooney that has a sick Bird himself. Then there's the guy with the ornge Bird who's looking for wheels. Then there's Josh (OXMan) that posts his Coyote swap to FB first before here.

It took me 17 years to find my Thunderbird. Only took me a couple minutes to find this club. I am grateful it's here and would love to do what is needed to support TCCoA and keep this form online. I was just reading up on the last car show coming up, and wish West Virginia wasn't a 2 Day drive away.

Okay, as the new guy, I felt it necessary to read as many posts that address my questions about the new frontier i entered.
I also found this one, and feel compelled to comment. Please understand that I in now way mean to offend or alienate anyone. Each person has reasons to do,say, like and hate the things that they do. And while I may not agree, I will defend the right they have to express that opinion with all of the power the lord gave me.

The Facebook comments don't offend me, but I think that rather than posting about how much it's taken from this site, embrace it for what it is. A means of reaching out, finding and encouraging folks to join this site by using that one. It could be used as tool helping to filter quality new owners into new members. The more people there, who direct people here, the better. And you are all absolutely correct when you mention the permanency here versus the temporary nature of information there. And that brings up my next point.

Why buy the cow, when you can get the milk for free.
I was reading this forum prior to my even looking at the car I bought yesterday. When I arrived to look at the car, I already knew the answers to most of the questions I asked the guy. Why, so I could gauge the honesty of the answers I got for the questions I had left.
I bought the car, came home and bought a membership here. I didn't join, I invested, there is a difference. My suggestion is to create, in each section, an advanced area for registered users. And the marketplace should be revised so that merchants can be viewed by any one, but only registered users have access to private sales. And the elimination of the search feature for unregistered users is a must.

As far as paying members go, perhaps encouraging merchants to give paying members a small discount by some means would help to boost sales there and paid memberships here as well. Honestly, I don't even know what I got for my $25 aside from access to to the members only forum. I did it because I support those who support me, if my cash helps keep this ship afloat, gimme an oar and I'll row.

I guess the whole point of this post could be summed up by saying this.
Don't jump ship and don't point fingers, join forces, turn a weakness into a strength and give the good stuff to those who deserve it.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.....

I'm just going to leave this here ----> I wouldn't know what I now know if it wasn't for this site, especially the more technical items.......or meeting the few friends I have met in person and the help from others I've never met when I have a question to which I appreciate. I don't see why this site can't survive, just means a more close knit family

Reactions: Woodman
I still have my two MN12s, I joined this site when I had one '85 Fox -bird. I have learned a huge amount here, have contributed when I could, have enjoyed the stories & banter ..... but I also have a '77 and '07 F150, a Merc GM, a Subaru, a Mustang, and then there's two Gold Wings and a '74 Triumph and .... a Wheel Horse. In addition to everything else in life, each of those has forums associated that I visit, peruse, browse, search, participate in.

This is a great site .....

I do have a FB but I try to limit my time there, mainly old far away friends and distant family.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.