TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Click here

It's that same old story. Girl driving home drunk, accident, dead.
You always hope it never happens to someone you know. It happened to someone I know. I graduated with this girl last year. She's the first one from our class to go. I didn't know her really well, but I knew her. She was one of those people that would brighten your day with nothing more than a smile. I've heard a few different things about what happened and supposedly a friend was talking to her about the time they think it happened and the phone disconnected. Supposedly she had broken up with her boyfriend or something, I'm not really sure exactly, there's alot of hearsay going around right now. Word sure travels fast in a town of 14000.
It's just terribly unfortunate. You just never think it'll happen to you or someone you know.

·
Registered
507 Posts
last year i lost two kids i graduated with in less than a month. first kid i knew pretty well, him and his friends were goin skiing and their car slid on ice and rolled, he was the only one not wearing a seatbelt. the other was driving drunk the night of the superbowl, so yea it sux, sorry to hear it

·
Registered
269 Posts
Man that really sux, I remember my accident.... well some of it(I was drunk) I lost control going way too fast around a curve and wiped out. luckly no one was hurt.when I was 18 I thought nothing would happen to me. but now I don't even drink. and not to sound like an @ss but if you drink and drive and something happens to you its not as bad if you hit another car and kill someone else. I had a friend that I had known scince 3rd grade we joined the Marines together and went to war. I remember taking fire with him and talking to him about how we would prefer ot die (if we had to) any way our second tour was over and we came back and on his way to see his mom he was hit and killed by a drunk driver, the guy that hit him fled the scene and was caught later(he did'nt have a scratch on him) and he had 5 prior DUI's thats why I don't have alot of sympathy for those people. but 18 is a very young age to die and my heart goes out to all the people she left behind Im sure she will be missed.

·
Resident redneck
1,921 Posts
first girl to go in my graduating class was in a drunken atv accident. new her well enough to actually expect something like this, but we had only been out one month, and thats what made it sad.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
That is really sad. The biggest killer of young kids from my class seems to be Heroin and O.C.'s.

I just got out in 1998, and I can count 10 that have died just from my class, and countless others who OD'd but lived. It sucks that kids are dying that young, I cannot even imagine it; nor do I want to.

I only lost one friend I knew to an accident, he stole a car and after a high speed chase, was run off the road into a tree at 70mph by the Lexington Police. He was 15......

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Sucks to hear!

Over here if you get caught for a DUI, you loose your license for
at least 6 months and for repeated fellonies (sp??) you loose it
for good.. And have to retake the written and driving test..
but you have to wait the first 12-18 months and then you can
write the authorities and more or less beg for another chance.

There's acutally a suggestion made by the government,
that if you're DUI, you should be prosecuted for attempted murder..

Not sure if it'll pass but I sure hope so..
There's been a lot of DUI killings this year..
And a lot of children has lost their lifes...

Here you're considered DUI if you have .02 in your blood..
.05 and it's just to prepare for jail and no license..

So you can't even have a beer at get behind the wheel...

//Per

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
My graduation from college. My roommate/friend's mother was driving to the graduation form a town an hour away. On her way there she was stuck and killed by a drunk driver. The kid never was in good with his father since they were split and his mother was actually a real nice lady. Came up and visited a couple times while we were in school. That night after the graduation, the kid got the most drunk I ever saw him. And he was a usual party animal to begin with. He didnt drive home but I guess when you loose you mom and really don't like your dad you have nothing esle to do but drink your sorrows away withs ome good college buddies. Sucks majorly though for him.

and sorry to hear about your classmate.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Hey Jimbo....

Too bad to hear about that. I lost a drinkin buddy in college because of the same thing. Do you know if she was on Judson bottom road? Any road in that area is potentially hazardous regularly, let along drunk.

Wiz

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Jimbo, i the very same thing happened to me when i was in high school with a girl that i knew, it was a hard on me cause i was good friends with her. I still visit the spot where it happened every now and then....

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
When I was in college one kid died in a drunk driving crash and another died in a sleepy driver crash. The one who died in the sleepy driver crash I actually sorta knew. He was a very popular guy that I knew since elementary, but we always hated each other I don't know why. But every time whe saw each other whe wanted to fight. Anyways he was a local boxing champ and was on his way to Vegas to fight. The driver fell asleep, the car went off the road flipped and since he wasn't wearing a belt it rolled over him. Truely sad for a kid with a promising future. Even though whe hated each other I wouldn't wish death on nobody... I truly felt very sad whe I hear the news of his death.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It wasn't the bottom road, some CR near Lake Crystal, so a little more south from kato.
I heard more story, her boyfriend broke up with her, and she went out drinking with friends.
They took her keys away, but she had a spare.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts