TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car shows that is. :D This morning I was talking to my neighbors (who have a nice 32 Chevy Street rod and a "to die for" 72 half ton short bed) called me over and asked me if I was taking the Cougar to the cruise-in tonight. I told them I hadn't thought about it, but I went and shined her up and took it on down. 3 hours later, I'm presented with a plaque for being one of the 16 cars that the local car club members liked the best. I was the only car that was newer than a 70-something that got a plaque. I couldn't believe it when my car's number was called (I had to double check to make sure it was mine).

Well, now I've got the bug, so I guess I'm going to be spending a lot more dollars on the Cougar to get her into better shape.

Ok, that's it. I was excited, and I wanted to share.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
That's pretty sweet, man!
I remember once driving down a drag when a lot of car show people hung out the day before a show. Had the windows down and I heard a lot of comments about mine. And in a crowd of street rod types...weird.

·
Registered
817 Posts
thats cause it was a real car show.

go to any other car show and the prizes go to the most bling and ugliest body kit and paint job, or the car with the most stickers, or most bass, and least performance mods.

im tempted to go to a show when i get repainted(chick before me dinged up the front and rear bumpers). the back seat custom box i made should vouch for something
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/gimages/75/IM000286.JPG
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/gimages/75/IM000240.JPG
i just need to get the exterior a little better.

i met a guy a few weeks ago with an insanely clean 97 black, chrome cobra r's, lowered. the shine on the paint alone could win best in show. he said he won a few few medals, but no trophies.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I remember a couple summers ago there were practically shows every night of the week if we wanted to go. Most weren't winning shows, just ones for fun. But once you go to a few you don't want to miss them. It was tough when I had to decide on the best show of the week or go to the track. But I miss going to shows a couple times a week at least. Hopefuly next season I will have the time and a car worth showing out here in Cali.
Congrats on your win too.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I never knew that there were that many nice cars in the area. There was a 73 Mach 1 there, original paint, original engine (clean enough to eat off of), original interior . . . under 30,000 original miles. *drools* My dad said that aside from the paint (it was yellow, his was a gold color) and the interior color, it was identical to the one he owned. I was also surprised to see how many of the street rods had neon underbody kits and neon accent lights. All of them put to very good use.

Now I just need to see about cleaning up the engine bay, getting the dent out of the hood, fixing the paint, and reworking the stereo andI'll be golden. lol

Thanks again for the props guys.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
927 Posts
cougar_guy04 said:
I was also surprised to see how many of the street rods had neon underbody kits and neon accent lights. All of them put to very good use.
Ricers weren't the first to use underbody lights. My grandpa once told me about the car he had back before he got married. (mid-late 50's) It was a '49 Ford, and it had blue lights under the car in the back.

I'm glad to hear you did so well in your first car show. You're giving me confidence to show my car and give it some exposure. (I would really like an automotive enthusiast to buy my car)

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Black_97_LX said:
Ricers weren't the first to use underbody lights. My grandpa once told me about the car he had back before he got married. (mid-late 50's) It was a '49 Ford, and it had blue lights under the car in the back.

I'm glad to hear you did so well in your first car show. You're giving me confidence to show my car and give it some exposure. (I would really like an automotive enthusiast to buy my car)
Second show.:) I took 2nd in a local show last year. 1st place was a 71 Buick Gran Sport, 2nd Place was me, 3rd was a 2003 T-Bird (Local Ford dealers daughter)

And it wouldn't be the first time someone's sold a car at a show. Last night I parked next to an old Coronet that had a for sale sign in it. There were another 4 or 5 that were for sale too.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guess what, I won again

Yet again, my neighbors talked me into going to a show. . . . and yet again, I come home with a "trophy".

I went up to some little show in Dana, IN that was put on by the Volunteer Fire Department and got entered in the 1991-Present Stock class. I was awarded with the 1st Place in that class. I was kind of surprised at all the comments I got with her. One little kid was following me around while I was detailing it prior to the show. I think we're reaching a younger generation. ;) I got another couple of comments like "my wife had a T-bird, we really liked that thing," and "I used to have a 93 Bostonian, I gave it to my daughter and she wrecked it." It was a good night.

·
Registered
859 Posts
cougar_guy04 said:
One little kid was following me around while I was detailing it prior to the show. I think we're reaching a younger generation. ;)
I had the same thing happen this past Tuesday night at the local cruise-in. This 8 year old kid and his mom were checking out my car, and asked me a few questions about it. It turns out the mom has a 91 Cougar LS 302 sitting in the garage for when the kid gets his licence. He was really impressed by my car. I let him into the driver's seat and let him rev the engine a couple of times. He said he wanted to trade me even up. ;) I told him to check out tccoa for info on cool stuff to do to his car, and he and his mom are going to bring it to the cruise in next Tuesday.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
That's cool to hear. I've been to numerous shows with my father-in-law and his MG Midget. Those guys seems to appreciate anything if it's done right, old or not. I plan on showing my 95 once it's back on the road. The engine may be stock, but I think it will be one of the cleanest 95 birds in the area so who knows. Can't hurt to try. Besides, after all the work I have to put into it, I would think someone would appreciate it besides me and my wife, lol... I'm not out to win anything, but if it happens, kudos to me :D

Jay

1 - 11 of 11 Posts