TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after the parts sitting for 2 years, and two weeks of the car in various stages of being in a million pieces -- I fired it up today and ran for about 10 minutes. I have a few things left to due, but this was a good day.

I have question about the accellorator cable bracket. My PI stuff was used and came with one, but it is not going to work with the 95 cables. Does the 96/97 bracket use the same cable mounting? If it does, I will just order one. Otherwise I think I will have the guys in machine shop at work bend a bracket up for that mounts the 95 cables in the right spot.

Andrew

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
You need the cables from a 96/97. I have the cables from the 95 in mi PI and I don't have Cruise Control, so I don't car. Maybe one day, I'll buy the cables....

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The 96/97 bracket is what you want. Then use a 96/97 throttle cable. You re-use the 95 cruise cable. The 96/97 cruise cable attaches to the actuator differently and connot be used on the 95. Just clip the red end off the 95 cruise cable for fuel rail clearance. It will clip on the Throttle bracket upside-down and you have to drill one of the holes on the mount bracket to a larger diameter.

This thread helped me.

Rob

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I Andy-rigged it today. Just used the 95 bracket and a piece of aluminum. The cable is twisted a little more than I would like, but this only temperary. The cruise cable is not hooked up, the mount needs to be about an inch closer to the throttle body. Soo I will need a 97 bracket and throttle cable.
Pulled it out of the garage today, discovered oil leak from RH valve cover. I'm sure that gasket came out of the channel in the back. It is just soo tight in that corner.

Thanks guys,

Andrew

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The cruise cable has an adjustment at the mount area. Pull the metal u-shaped clip up and then the cable housing can be moved in and out of the mount. Mine came up short too, but adjusted out OK.

Hope this helps,
Rob

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it is short by about an inch after the maximum adjustment.

Taken the car out a couple of times. It running better as the computer learns the new combo. I was conserned at first because it would not idle in gear, but it just purrrrs now. Can 't wait until I get the SCT chip and new MAF on it in a couple of weeks.

Andrew

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine is a little diferent, but still on topic I think. I am putting a complete '04 Explorer motor in my 95. Did you use your original Throttlebody on the new plenum?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Splintor13,
I used the explorer TB, plenum, just changed the cable bracket to a 96/97 model. The bracket will need to be drilled to accept the 95 cruise cable, coz the mount holes are reversed. The one that has the alignment pin needs to accept the screw and the screw hole will accept the guide pin. It's pretty obvious once you get it in front of you.

281Sleeper,
Use the 95 cruise cable with a 96/97 bracket. Clip the red part off of the 95 cable to clear the fuel rail. It will clip on upside-down.

Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts