TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the car all back together, and in runnig order. The 5-speed swap wasn't as bad as many people say it is. The hardest part was the pedal instal, and believe it or not...bleeding the clutch lines. I was beginning to wonder on the bleeding part, and I thought brakes were a Pain. I hope to get the car on the road early next week, I have to wait for my computer to be tuned foso it runs right. To all thinking about doing this swap, go for it. To all who say its a bad idea...you don't really know until you've tried it for youyrself. Thanks to PapaJohn, jason, jim and all the rest for making this possible. Chris

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm Glad its alive and running... :)

Who are you getting to do you chip.....??

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ford Chip is doing the chip. I sent them the computer overnight, and they have had it for 4 days now. I've made several attempts to contact them, but have recieved no return e-mails. Does anyone have a phone #. Chris

·
Registered
359 Posts
CobraRThunder said:
I finally got the car all back together, and in runnig order. The 5-speed swap wasn't as bad as many people say it is. The hardest part was the pedal instal, and believe it or not...bleeding the clutch lines. I was beginning to wonder on the bleeding part, and I thought brakes were a Pain. I hope to get the car on the road early next week, I have to wait for my computer to be tuned foso it runs right. To all thinking about doing this swap, go for it. To all who say its a bad idea...you don't really know until you've tried it for youyrself. Thanks to PapaJohn, jason, jim and all the rest for making this possible. Chris
Chris

Great news on the swap.
I feel your pain when you talk about the bleeding part. When I first did mine it took me forever to bleed mine. I found a pressure bleeder for about $50.00 & it's been a lifesaver for bleeding. It's made by a company called Motive Products www.motiveproducts.com. It's called the Universal Power Bleeder & sells for $49.95. It's a worthwhile investment if you ever need to bleed it again (I'm assuming you are using the SC reservoir).

Jim Metcalfe

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I got the EEC back today and into the car. I took it out and drove it for the first time. What a blast. The computer is still relearnig itself and all so its not yet up to par. Also I cant get on it for 600 miles:( . But ohh well, I dont want to kill the likfe of the clutch, cause I hate taking the transmission out of these cars...Damn gas tank. Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts