TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new '97 finally got here last night, and I spent the day today washing/waxing, and applying armor-all.

After I pulled the air silencer restrictor cone, I noticed the '97 is a WHOLE LOT louder than my '94 was.

I know the intake manifold and throttle body is slightly different, but will that account for the (good) noise increase?

The '94 had the silencer removed too, along with flowmasters, but the '97 still seems a lot louder...

:confused:

·
Registered
630 Posts
hahaha still dont look better then a SC!!! but hey what can i say atleast its a t bird... but the bad thing is its a LX!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Destructor90 said:
hahaha still dont look better then a SC!!! but hey what can i say atleast its a t bird... but the bad thing is its a LX!
But he will spend less on repairs and maintenance then a 89' SC and still have a good amount of power. The money spent for repairs and maintance he can put towards the performance and have a bird just as fast or faster :D And it's a sport model, nice.

She looks real clean. Good Job!

·
Registered
630 Posts
thanks but the only thing i hate about the car is the interior im changeing it out to black cloth sc interior!

My nexted mod it headers the on to the tranny, then engine!\

and get on your messanger!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Destructor90 said:

Jeeze... what's bad about having a V8? Do you also own something with a shopping cart wing? Those are about the only guys that put down a V8.

Anyways, I'd rather have a prettier, shiny-er car, than a dull SC. Chances are, most won't know what a SC is. The ones that do, well most of them I would proably not want anything to do with.

Most girls/women recognize a few things about cars and such...ie: paint, sound (exh.), the interior, or the size of a truck's tires...generally not how fast it is.

But to each their own.

·
Registered
630 Posts
yea good point but i wasnt dogging the v8's becasue you can get them to go faster then a v6! even super charged!

·
Registered
267 Posts
hey i got a stock 94 lx 4.6l bird thats fast ...clean tri coat pearle paint ... and soon to be on the track in a couple of weeks ...btw im pulling it with my 94f250 4x4maroon and pearle 2 tone paint ,,truck has 35l<5.8l and 33's tires ...i might not win any races but i'll look pretty leaving thier lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts