TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts
Still here

I'm still here, I don't post often, too busy with two jobs, I have a bunch of parts and about 20 super coupes to sell off in the next year, just haven't had the time to do it.

The crowd and cars are dying, plus we don't have a current model to bring many new people in.

I've seen more than my fair share of guys disappear, and GTbird.com die completely.

As for me looks like if I get my new job will become a lot less active for awhile.

The crowd and cars are dying, plus we don't have a current model to bring many new people in.

I've seen more than my fair share of guys disappear, and GTbird.com die completely.

As for me looks like if I get my new job will become a lot less active for awhile.
That is quite adequate. if there is nothing new to revamp a dying breed or pass it along to the next generation then it will fade into obscurity.

Here's an idea, why don't sccoa and tccoa bridge together on one site for more population and traffic...? Yeah some have v8's and some have v6's but who cares, same body. It would really help make a nicer looking site, just because our site looks like its from the 80's and is to be honest horribly organized. Modded mustangs is so entertaining and well organized and all members with all different types of setups and engines (4cyl/v6/v8) all go to one place, which ends up with more posts, more conversation, and makes the forum more alive in general. Just saying. Why have two separate sites for the same chassis, kinda dumb by todays standards. I could see back in the 90's when we were more segregated, but now that there are so few of these vehicles left we should all band together to keep the sites alive.

I've thought of the same thing, but thinking of a database migration of such magnitude... it would require someone with big-time experience and know-how... not to mention one site would have to buy the rights to the other, and the site admins/moderators would have to agree to such a merger...

Here's an idea, why don't sccoa and tccoa bridge together on one site for more population and traffic...? Yeah some have v8's and some have v6's but who cares, same body. It would really help make a nicer looking site, just because our site looks like its from the 80's and is to be honest horribly organized. Modded mustangs is so entertaining and well organized and all members with all different types of setups and engines (4cyl/v6/v8) all go to one place, which ends up with more posts, more conversation, and makes the forum more alive in general. Just saying. Why have two separate sites for the same chassis, kinda dumb by todays standards. I could see back in the 90's when we were more segregated, but now that there are so few of these vehicles left we should all band together to keep the sites alive.
There use to be a longer explanation to that suggestion. But now it simply boils down to TCCoA is no longer privately owned and SCCoA is.

Fortunately for them when it came time to pass the torch they kept it in the family. TCCoA did not.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn
Guys, I'm around even though I don't post as much.

Most of you know I work a lot, so I don't have a lot of time to keep following the threads lately.

But I'm loyal and I'm not going anywhere soon! :thumbsup:

There use to be a longer explanation to that suggestion. But now it simply boils down to TCCoA is no longer privately owned and SCCoA is.

Fortunately for them when it came time to pass the torch they kept it in the family. TCCoA did not.
The advantage there was they knew it was coming. We didn't know about it until a week after it happened. :facepalm:

I'm 100% for a merge of SCCoA and TCCoA IF and ONLY IF they could be combined in a way that every last post going back to their origins could somehow be preserved on the revamped forum. I don't know how doable that is from a webdesign standpoint but if it can't be done I would really hate losing all that history just for more traffic.

ModdedMustangs eh? I prefer not getting eye strain from black background and orange/white fonts, but that's me. Otherwise the forum side of things isn't that different from here other than sig pics being allowed. Now the homepage on the other hand...... That's a big blight on the club.

If such a thing was to be done - in technical terms - the two databases could be merged together in such a way to preserve the structure of the old posts from both sites. I.E. create a database table/section for old TCCOA structures/posts and a database table/section for old SCCOA structures/posts, kind of like subsections to the main section of the combined site. It should be possible to merge user accounts together who have the same username so they can find all their combined posts, depending how the message board's database is set up and how it handles user id -> 'who posted this post' data.

Alas, with only very limited SQL database operation knowledge, I'm not going to be very helpful on those lines. But I know there's a way it can be done - not withstanding time and effort. It would need to be done with copies of the databases from each site on a testbed first to determine the procedure and identify quirks or roadblocks.

has this site always been this slow? I feel like theres only a handful of people who post regularly.
It's been said before..Most things dealing with these cars has already been talked about, and a lot of times you'll see the expression "Got Search"..

Something along those lines anyway..Fact is..If the n00bs didn't ask these questions over, and over..Things would be realllllllllllly slow..

Even more than they are now..Not all of us members are here for the same thing..

Some of us for the comradery of being around others that like the same thing..Like MN12's!.. :D

Some come here just to sell a few things, and move on.. :rolleyes:

Then you get others that actually help one another instead of belittling them for not using "Search"..

I'm not picking on you in particular, but if all you wanna do is bullschit..IMO..Facebook would be more appropriate for that..

It's great when an individual comes up with something no one else has talked about yet..Keeps things interesting..

The Technical Articles here are great, and even people that aren't members here have found that information useful..Example: JerryMod

As far as combining SCCoA & TCCoA..I'm not sure how well that would work..A lot of information on SCCoA is Private, and only available to paid members..

Look at how many members here are actually "paid members"..Few, and far between..Thankfully some individuals have contributed monetarily..

Basically you gotta pay to see the good stuff on SCCoA.. :tongue:

What do I think?..If we combined the 2 sites, and used the SCCoA system of "pay to play"..I doubt many here would be willing to pony up the $$$$..

Big Welcome Back to the OG Members! :cool:

Rayo..

It's been said before..Most things dealing with these cars has already been talked about, and a lot of times you'll see the expression "Got Search"..

Something along those lines anyway..Fact is..If the n00bs didn't ask these questions over, and over..Things would be realllllllllllly slow..

Even more than they are now..Not all of us members are here for the same thing..

Some of us for the comradery of being around others that like the same thing..Like MN12's!.. :D

Some come here just to sell a few things, and move on.. :rolleyes:

Then you get others that actually help one another instead of belittling them for not using "Search"..

I'm not picking on you in particular, but if all you wanna do is bullschit..IMO..Facebook would be more appropriate for that..

It's great when an individual comes up with something no one else has talked about yet..Keeps things interesting..

The Technical Articles here are great, and even people that aren't members here have found that information useful..Example: JerryMod

As far as combining SCCoA & TCCoA..I'm not sure how well that would work..A lot of information on SCCoA is Private, and only available to paid members..

Look at how many members here are actually "paid members"..Few, and far between..Thankfully some individuals have contributed monetarily..

Basically you gotta pay to see the good stuff on SCCoA.. :tongue:

What do I think?..If we combined the 2 sites, and used the SCCoA system of "pay to play"..I doubt many here would be willing to pony up the $$$$..

Big Welcome Back to the OG Members! :cool:

Rayo..
Speaking of noobs on the pages, I think be been the most annoying thing that the TCCoA has had for a while xD

I used to do a lot of FTP and server coding back in my gaming days. I'm sure if we all banded together our comp science knowledge we could be pretty handy. I know many of you do this for a living as well. Just imagine Moddedmustangs, but more classy/visually pleasing colorscheme, just as fantastic home page (Ride of the month) and lots of forum options. just because they own the rights to this site, doesn't mean we can't make our own and bridge it with sccoa's existing articles. Would it take time? Yes. But it would definitely reinvigorate our overall morale and give us a very polished result the way we, as a CLUB want it. Not AAN...

Just sayin' I'm on board to offer help in any way I can.

I think a lot of problems reside in the non-importance of being a member anymore, and there is little incentive to post about your ride, because it can't be featured, can't be listed on the home page, and we have no control over it. As one of my ITE courses said, your home page dictates your traffic levels and how many members join.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn
I used to do a lot of FTP and server coding back in my gaming days. I'm sure if we all banded together our comp science knowledge we could be pretty handy. I know many of you do this for a living as well. Just imagine Moddedmustangs, but more classy/visually pleasing colorscheme, just as fantastic home page (Ride of the month) and lots of forum options. just because they own the rights to this site, doesn't mean we can't make our own and bridge it with sccoa's existing articles. Would it take time? Yes. But it would definitely reinvigorate our overall morale and give us a very polished result the way we, as a CLUB want it. Not AAN...

Just sayin' I'm on board to offer help in any way I can.

I think a lot of problems reside in the non-importance of being a member anymore, and there is little incentive to post about your ride, because it can't be featured, can't be listed on the home page, and we have no control over it. As one of my ITE courses said, your home page dictates your traffic levels and how many members join.
I mostly agree, especially the home page. but that seems to be where AAN has their teeth locked into. Our old "privately owned" homepage was outdated but even it was better than the current one, which is really just a facade of a real home page. SCCoA's is pretty nice in comparison(although they've had the same ride of the month for nearly 3 years:tongue:)

Forum wise we've got everything ModdedMustangs does, minus ride of the month, which we sorta kinda had with the long defunct pic of the week/day (used on both the forum and homepage). Otherwise we have the the specific tech discussion sections, regional sections, classifieds, technical articles, videos/images(multimedia there) and general misc/club discussion sections they do, as well as a few more. I don't think the forum side of thing needs any changing if we're using moddedmustangs as the arbitrary benchmark and I agree with others that the forum's decline is more related to outside forces(like the newest MN12/FN10 being 16 years old) than any functional aspect of the forum itself. As long as Ford makes Mustangs there will be a moddedmustangs or corral, or svtperformance, or whatever.

Compared to other forums for other cars, this place is awesome!

:)

We are hard-assed enough that most of the pricks/a-holes pass us by. :)

We really don't ask for much: SEARCH ENOUGH TO ASK INTELLIGENT QUESTIONS!!!

The spammers have been registering like crazy! :evil4:

Ban hammer time! :zbash:

Joe

I rarely post here anymore sent my last mn12 to the scrapper. Soupping up the powerstroke lately and restoring an old 50s Mack tractor...things around here got alot quieter.

I'm sad that I've lost touch with this place. Once the Cougar started to fall apart(more my fault than anything) it became difficult.

Couple that with troubles in life, etc. For the first time in a long time, I feel relatively stable again, and while it would be nice, I live in an apartment, so a "project car" would be frowned upon. I would LOVE to find another 92 Coug, maybe this time with the 5.0, and a sunroof(not leaky), but I don't hold my breath.

It's sad to see a place that was once the highlight of many of my days fall so low, but perhaps, all is not lost. I'll do my best to keep coming around, and see if I can help out. And perhaps one day, my phoenix will rise again.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.