1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:diablo:

Numbers will be in late tomorrow night.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its one picture....singular. I can see it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Are you going to run 50/50 or just water alone?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
50/50....constantly armed system. its the MAF kit so it sprays according to the meter voltage. Chris

·
Registered
871 Posts
http://www.snowperformance.net/

Ya, its a water/methanol injection system that not only reduces your air temps but also increases the octane on the gas (kinda works like nitrous oxide but safer and cheaper)

(Funny, I am getting a V2-SQ in the next couple of months
then I was planning on getting the same kit next year)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
um i thought it was bad to get water in your engine. you know thats why you buy stuff to put in your gas to remove the water. but whatever. soooo how does it work, how much does it cost, and can they go on a n/a engine :D cuz that sounds like a good deal to me

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
We need a spell check and grammar check installed just for Ricerbird! :D:D

Actually, piston engine planes have used water injection along with NO2, since WWII.

Edit: oops, shoulda read the SnowPerformance link BEFORE talking about the WWII planes. It explains it there. Oh well.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Water injection has been used on many vechiles to increase mileage - I made a post about it a couple months ago...
But the methanol injection is what gives the power gains when tuned correctly.
Its more of a mist that cools rapidly, but too much will destry the motor.
I have seen 100 rwhp gained after installing this type of kit, after tuning.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ahh delays....couldnt get it tunned tonight. Hope to get it done tomorrow afternoon. hope the snow holds off so I can take it for a thrashing afterwards. Chris

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Ricerbird said:
better !!! :D sorry was talking on the phone when i typed that. so i missed a few letters
LOL Ricer, I may give you a hard time now and then. But I've been reading your posts, and I will say that its obvious you've been reading at least as much as you've been writing in here. Improvement noted.

Now about this Methano/water injection thing. A few questions:

1) Anybody care to speculate on the gains a N/A 4.6 with PI heads and Intake could see with a proper tune with a mild injection (I live in constant fear of overdoing things). I realize speculation is difficult if not impossible, but a rough idea?

2) Could a "proper tune" be done via mail the way we get chips now? I.E. if Lonne was told of a cars mods, with H2O/Methano injection, could he get it close or does it require a Dyno and tuner right there? I use Lonnie as an example simply because he is one of the best there is.

·
Registered
871 Posts
1. It depends on what percentage you want to mix the Methane to Water.
I would say about at least a 20rwhp gain with 50/50.
But then again you have to make sure not to screw up the mixture :0
Its mostly ran on Forced Induction since the temps are much higher.

2. To get the full gains you would most likely have to go there to get it tuned.
Its going to run a little different on each car, but its worth a shot to see if Lonnie can do it.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Thank you. I may just have to look into it this summer after installing the PI heads and intake.

Edit: Da*n it! I just realized that if I do that, there will be one MORE thing in common between Chris car and mine. (Of course compared to his, mine is like a developmentally disabled little brother!)

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
Hey Chris, umm that water injection kit... I've personally seen what happends when it fails and it was not pretty, bent rods and a nice hole in the block.

Hydrolock is a bad so be careful.

-Scott

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
it wouldnt be hard to tune on a N/A engine. just have the tuner add in more advance than he normally would past 3k rpm. Thats the main advantage of this kind of setup, is being able to run more advance.
-Thomas

1 - 20 of 21 Posts