TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot for the life of me get that last power steering pump bolt out! I've removed the bracket and proceeded to round it off with the wrench. Even the ratcheting 10mm won't work. Any hints/tips/tricks appreciated as I'm helping a friend with MY OLD CAR! Why did I even put that bolt back in there before???

·
Registered
219 Posts
i got a 30 pound FORD BIG F-IN HAMMERI CARRY IN THE 53 AND 52 TO "FIX" THINGS WITH I CAN LET YOU BORROW ............

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got a 30 pound FORD BIG F-IN HAMMERI CARRY IN THE 53 AND 52 TO "FIX" THINGS WITH I CAN LET YOU BORROW ............
Uhh...yeah...well.... that bolt is in a place no hammer will get to!

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Once you get it out, use a sawzall to "uninstall" that bolt permanently :)

I ended up using my Dremel and a grinding stone/cutoff wheel, so that bolt is history... Now to just figure out what is making that noise...

·
Registered
219 Posts
no you use the hammer to break the pump off to get to the bolt ....................:rofl:

·
Registered
871 Posts
I never understood why eveyone has so many problems with the bolts on the power steering pump, the one right behind the pulley is 10mm and I ususally take it out with the pump, using a racheting wrench or a regular wrench, that or pop that friggin pulley off fist. I've done my powersterring pump severl times haha Ive done harder stuff like the 90* elbow going into the rack w/o dropping anything or pulling the motor, but since you got it off already I dont even know why I bothered replying lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts