TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been really itching for a Turbo Coupe or the Mercury Cougar equivalent for about a month now. I need someone to talk me out of it.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
talk

Go for it......I want a Mercury Marauder............after my Daughter's wedding is paid for. I'll be putting the Super Coupe in storgae then.

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Go for it......I want a Mercury Marauder............after my Daughter's wedding is paid for. I'll be putting the Super Coupe in storgae then.
:zwthstpd:

Exdcept I dont have a daughter and she isnt getting married. Sorry cant help talking you out of it, I think it is a good idea.

C.Hill

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
I had an '86 XR-7 with the turbo 2.3.

I can't honestly say that it was the most reliable car I've ever owned.
So, if you're really into diagnosing problems on a wide spectrum of electrical and mechanical issues, buy a Turbo Coupe/XR-7.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was also thinking of getting a V8 fox bird or cougar. Are pretty much all parts from the mustang able to be swapped over? I would think so since they're the same platform.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
I was also thinking of getting a V8 fox bird or cougar. Are pretty much all parts from the mustang able to be swapped over? I would think so since they're the same platform.
Yes, they are on the Fox chassis. Most Mustang parts can be used on the other platforms.
I would suggest finding a Fox Thunderbird/Cougar with a V8 - the turbo 2.3 is a fragile, finicky engine. I've owned three Fox Cougars so far; the next one I purchase will have a 5.0.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts