TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
something is seriously wrong with my bird. It makes this gunshot/punching bag/hiccup/metal on metal bang/ sound that is making me afraid to drive her.

One sound sounds like its coming right from the transmission tunnel. Checked the fluids since it barked in the 1-2 shift so hard, it squealed the tires, level was fine. Another sound seems to be a mover as its coming (and first heard from) the driver front tire. Checked the ball joint and tie rod. Looked ok, nothing hanging or not tight. (car on ground for these checks with wheels turned out) Third noise is a replica of the bang from the driver front but sometimes comes from right underneath me.

Also makes said clunk during sharp radius turns, like getting into parking spots, turnarounds in cule-de-sacs etc.

any ideas, solutions, or anyone around the carbondale area that might know whats up, please let me know. Im a tad hestant to take it to a shop here, never have had to in 3 years.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Try checking waaay up under where the front sway bar dissappears into the chassis .... the sway bar bushings go after 100k or so and are hard to see , get at .. also expensive....
As for barking the 1-2, thats symptomatic of a bad 1-2 accumulator soring and piston ... better check that too upgrade to 2000 plus GT springs and pistons for the 1-2, and 2-3's would be smart

good luck

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More bad news...

Well went to wally world for some supplies for this model im building, anyway taking a 5-10 mph left hand turn out of the lot. I heard the clunk and the front tires screeched through the turn. Sucks that im not at home so I can take it to a mechanic i trust.

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
IMMEDIATLY check your ball joints... don't think about it, don't ask for a second opinion, GO CHECK NOW BEFORE DRIVING IT AGAIN

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hard to check these things on a college campus. No tools or space to do it. But its going to a shop once one of my roommates comes back from class. Luckly theres a Midas shop down the street. no heavy turning to tick it off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts