TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the car is still dying out.. the fuel pressure is regular. i've replaced IAC, DPFE, cleared EGR tube + the guides or w/e under the intake with my father ... replaced EGR did tune up.. it was still stalling out ( reving around 400-1000 rpms up and down then the car would shut of. so.. replaced the fuel pump.. the car is running great.. but when it dies it starts right back up... my father thinks it's probably one of the fuel injectors and would like to know if there's any way to test each one to see which is the reason... any info would be great..

please get back to me asap!

-drew

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
try using another EEC-V to rule it out .

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, plugs, wires, fuel filter.. oil chage.. ect.. didnt do coil packs but they seem to be fine. EEC-V ? that's the computer box or w/e right behind the air box? i've pulled 2 from junk yard and tried those also.

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
EEC-V is in the pass side kick panel .

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
yes, plugs, wires, fuel filter.. oil chage.. ect.. didnt do coil packs but they seem to be fine. EEC-V ? that's the computer box or w/e right behind the air box? i've pulled 2 from junk yard and tried those also.
THOSE are CCRMs, Constant Control Relay Modules, NOT the EEC.
The EEC V should be on the passenger side footwell against the wall, no?

thanks,
Ghost

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya that sounds right, my dad was reading chilton manual and looking at things that could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
chilton manuals suck! most of the time. sometimes they are helpfull.
yeah, like one time out of twenty.

i hate chilton/haynes manuals. they're almost never useful.

that's why I'm a member on an enthusiast forum for every different type of car I've owned... Fiero, Z-car, Mustang, Ford Truck... I tried to find a windstar enthusiast forum but apparently nobody likes them. People sure like Aerostars for some reason, though... :confused:

either a factory service/shop manual like Mitchell On Demand is great to have, those damned haynes or chiltons manuals can't cut cheese.

-ghost

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
my bet is on the crank possition sensor, or a vac leak, or a bad/dirty maf or maf connection

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
plugged converters....:confused:

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
So the car is still dying out.. the fuel pressure is regular. i've replaced IAC, DPFE, cleared EGR tube + the guides or w/e under the intake with my father ... replaced EGR did tune up.. it was still stalling out ( reving around 400-1000 rpms up and down then the car would shut of. so.. replaced the fuel pump.. the car is running great.. but when it dies it starts right back up... my father thinks it's probably one of the fuel injectors and would like to know if there's any way to test each one to see which is the reason... any info would be great..

please get back to me asap!

-drew
I just caught the bolded section. Does it run good at speed and only die at idle? If so, look for vacuum leaks. If I'm misinterpreting, then carry on.

·
Registered
52 Posts
you can test injectors with a DVOM. test resistance. they will fluctuate some, but look for significant differences between injectors. most of the injectors will read very similarly. a bad injector wil be way out of the ballpark. I discovered a bad injector this way on a 60 degree V6 gm engine i had.
In any event, one bad injector shouldn't shall out the engine. it should only create a miss. however, i could be wrong if the injector wiring harness is run in series( like christmas lights; one bad bulb and they all go out).

·
Registered
52 Posts
oh yeah. i never liked fixing a problem by throwing parts at it. that gets very costly and most of the time solves nothing. since none of us are even looking at the car, we need your detailed observations to even remotely guess what the problem is.
a faulty IAC will only stall engine out @ idle. EGR, i think, is the same. did tune up include new fuel filter? did you reset the computer after replacing IAC? did you clean MAF and reset computer? did you clean out the port that the IAC goes into?
BTW, a vacuum leak @ the manifold would make engine idle up since it's getting more air.
From what i have to go by, i'm guessing problem @ IAC. i don't think it's opening and starving engine of air @ idle.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i said screw it and took it to ford for a diag, there sayings it's my cats... they said tehre falling apart and that's most likely where the problem is coming from. so .. i'll do the exhaust and see what happens.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Maybe it's the cats but don't be too surprised if their "most likely cause" diagnosis ends being a miss. If things are falling apart down there then it sounds like you need to do some exhaust work anyway... so no harm spending the dough on it now, hopefully it cures the stalling too.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sweet, i got a guy willing to just cut off those 2 in the middle of the 02's off for the time being to se if it fixes the problem... i know this will throw an engine light.. is there any way around it?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts