TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the difference between the 1st gen j-chip and the lastest cal?

Thanks

·
Banned for Life
180 Posts
Yes we have added more timing better AF, also adjusted the Cooling fan Turn on temp removed speed limiting, raised rev limiting, over all a much better program

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Yo....

Yo Dennis, did you got my mail dude????? It's about the chip.. :D I need some info on the benefits of your chips and some estimates on prices... Thanx dude.. It's for my 95 v-8, Cougar...:)

·
Registered
246 Posts
chip info

Hey Dennis,
Well I was on your site and didn't see the chips. What are the benefits and the drawbacks?ie: power shifting emmissions......etc?
What kinda price are we looking at for a chip for my '94 4.6?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fan turn on

Dennis,

How is the fan turn on adjusted? How does it help? Does this program work with a stock car?

Jeff

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
more ?s for Dennis

Dennis,

With the added spark, what octane is required?
Will I need to be concerned with pinging?
Does it still have all the features j's 1st gen had? (tc lockup, shift schedule, etc...).
Is this cal designed for racing (sacrificing daily drive comfort), or does everyday drivabilty increase?
What are some potential drawbacks (there's gotta' some)?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

·
Registered
726 Posts
With the added spark, what octane is required? premium, (91-93)
Will I need to be concerned with pinging? Shouldn't be a problem if premium is used and 1-2 step colder plugs and 180 degree t-stat is installed.
Does it still have all the features j's 1st gen had? (tc lockup, shift schedule, etc...). Yes
Is this cal designed for racing (sacrificing daily drive comfort), or does everyday drivabilty increase? Daily driving
What are some potential drawbacks (there's gotta' some)? Um... it costs money? Also, you probably will have to use premium gas.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chip

93 octane isn't a problem, but I won't be using colder plugs. Is the stock t-stat 190 degrees? If so, I'm using that. Will it ping with just premium gas?

Jeff

·
Registered
726 Posts
Why aren't you using colder plugs? Plugs are dirt cheap and ridiculusly easy to change. The same goes for the t-stat. It might ping with just the gas, i really don't know, but there is no reason not to change those things, or is there?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
plugs

I just changed plugs, fuel filter, hoses, and t-stat about 2 months ago and don't want to do any of that stuff again. I think I'll stick with the 1st gen cal. Thank's for all the info though.

Jeff

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Re: chip

jeffc said:
93 octane isn't a problem, but I won't be using colder plugs. Is the stock t-stat 190 degrees? If so, I'm using that. Will it ping with just premium gas?

Jeff
stock is 195/196. Whitebird meant to say 180.

Using colder plugs, 180 T-stat and gen II cal has been proven to give more power AND gas mileage.

The cost and work of plugs and T-stat are nothing compared to the cost and work of the chip (you have to pull apart the passenger dash).

·
Registered
726 Posts
Yes, i did mean 180. I just noticed that. Thanks greenbird. I edited it. Anyways, the plugs are dirt cheap and easy to change. (in case you didn't notice). You can spare $20 and 31 minutes, can't you? You may get away with the 190 or whatever you installed, but they only cost $5, and take a minute to install, so why the heck not :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts