TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so the car now has a Trans cooler...temps before where around 200 degrees all the time...now they rest at about 170.

J-mod was done on the trans as well...level 3...shifts nastilly hard now, it's amazing.

Weird thing with the 2-3 shift, it seems now, the car will hang and hold the high RPM for what seems like too long, then slowly drop down a couple hundred RPM, and THEN it will shift into 3rd...sometimes it does this and then IMMEDIATELY shifts into 4th after 3rd.

I think maybe it's an issue with my tune that wasn't real noticable before the jerry mod.

Interesting note on this...car has a 97 transmission, however, the plate on the valve body that must be drilled was from a 94-95, had a lot of scuff marks all over it, and there was evidance of possibly broken springs at one point, or possibly a shift kit was on it at one point....who knows.

Night & day differance though, it's like a completely different car...can't wait to take it to the track & see what it'll do ;)

Update...I just went out and cruised this thing again...

1-2 shift is beutiful...basically anything under half throttle it just drags out second gear to about 5,000 RPM and then just falls off by about 300 rpm then slips into 3rd kinda sloppilly...sometimes it will go straight into fourth from 3rd...almost feels like the trans or the TC is slipping as the RPM will sort of rise and fall in waves right around the area before/after the 2-3 gear change.

Anything over 50% throttle is completely fine and totally normal, quick fast great shifts all the way to fourth gear.

Cruising around the neighborhood it will NEVER shift out of second into third, just screams the engine unless you get up to about 50MPH then it'll finally shift...weird...can't be anything too major though as none of this really seems like anything is wrong...maybe I can fine tune this with the XCAL

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
earl what is your trans cooler rated at? Did you by pass the radiator?

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was more or less wondering if you did it that way, or some other variation, not weather or not you skipped that step.
oh okay gotcha...

as for my weird 2-3 shift hesitation and weird OD engagement issues i was having after the J-MOD....those issues seem to have corrected themselves...trans shifts great now...shifts as it should only faster/harder :D

computer had to re-learn I guess

1 - 8 of 8 Posts