TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '97 T bird that was apparently built in Aug '96. How will I know what parts are need for the J mod? Specifically speaking the 1-2, 2-3 accumulators, etc.... I read that some 97's already have the updated parts in them. I'm looking to do a mild application on the J mod. Nothing to radical. My only other plans for my car is a chip and an 80mm LMAF. I already have true dual exhaust and a tranny cooler. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

·
8,239 Posts
Yes,
Jerry wrote a great transmission article in tech articles, under transmission tech articles. It has all the part numbers you need. If you are a member, you can order all the ford parts from dan newman at fivestar.

Justin

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
J-Mod Part List

Hello!

Check the first 3 articles in the Transmission Tech Article section:

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/index.html

I have a '96 Tbird....this is the list I've come up with (some parts have been omitted, so again, check the articles for your application)

Part# Description
F7AZ-7F251-AA Piston
F75Z-7F284-AA Spring
F7AZ-7H292-AB Piston
F6AZ-7A098-A Tranny Filter
EOAZ-7D189-A Piston
F75Z-7H188-AA Piston
F87Z-7F201-AA Spring
F2VY-7C155-A Gasket
F5AZ-7D100-A Gasket
F2VY-7A191-A Pan Gasket

The descriptions I'm posting are short because they were abbreviated by DanN @ 5starford. this is directly from the email that he sent me back (i asked for prices on PN's i sent him). Also, the pan gasket is apparently reusable...so you dont necessarily need to buy it...but that is the part number for a '96.

Again, this is just my partial list....check the Jmod list in the Tech Articles for the complete list.

hope this helps in some way. Sorry, i can't get the PN and the description to space out evenly....i dont know how to do that in the new forums just yet.

have a great Monday!
:D

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've read all the articles a while back. It did say something about SOME of the 97's had the updated springs and accumulators. I guess I just needed to know if my car has this stuff already or not based on a build date of Aug '96, or do ALL 97's already have the update parts in them. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Mine was built in January 97 and it needed the updated parts. They're not that pricey. I'd just order them and don't worry about it.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
mine was built

in late 97 and had the old parts, go ahead and get the new ones, and if you find that the new parts are already there, take the ones you bought back :)

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
Mine was......

built in very late 97. My sparkplug wires had "1998 Motorcraft" on them. I was lucky and had the new parts already.
--Craig

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
:p

well least the rebuilt tranny ford put in had all the good stuff in it. shows you how great the old stuff was :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts