TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to fix my problem with 1-2 accumulator and figure since I am in there.

My question is this. I read about the EPC buzzing and mine has done this for years. I want it gone. The sheets mention going to a newer control valve. Are they referring to the EPC valve only? And where is it to replace. It sounds like it is on the outside of the tranny.

And I really hope this solves the slipping/sticking 1-2. It has been a hard shift for 2 years and only started slipping yesterday.

And man all these drills are hard to find!

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
I think that you have to use the same type epic silonoid as came with your car. I think that the resistance is diffrent for the 96 and up units and if you use it it coul ruin your transmission or computer. I would reread the article again

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
EPC solenoid is inside transmission case, next to the manual lever. Drop the pan and you should see it up there.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks like Ford only has the f6XXXXX partnumber. It lists it for the 95 so that is what I will go with.

Thanks.

I hope it works as well as I think it should.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
The 1-2 accumulator will fix the slipping/strange 1-2 shifts. the thing about EPC's is that there are like 3 different brackets, because the valve bodies and EPC's changed through the years. The valve bodies changed thickness, so if you try to use the wrong bracket/EPC they wont fit right. The EPC's have 2 different shapes if i recall correctly. I think the early bracket only works with the early EPC, but I could be wrong. Definitely check the article and the parts supplier to make sure youve got the right one before you buy, a lot of places wont do returns on electrical stuff.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought the EPC which lists itself as a 96 part. Updated I would presume. But I didn't use it. It was definitely the accum. The spring was in 3 pieces and the bottom retainer plate was just flopping around. There would be little if any pressure in that area.
I will take the EPC back tomorrow. The parts guy assured me he would take it back if I didn't use it. I wasn't going to take it unless he would. I didn't want to get in there on a weekend and need it and have no place to buy one or a way to get there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts