TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a small question... i noticed in the instuctions in the tech aticals that when preforming this you have to drian the TC and add a new filter. do you really have to do this because i just put new fluid and a new filter in the other day?

·
Registered
250 Posts
since your fluid and filter is new you don't really need new(er) fluid..it just would have been easier to do the job when everything was drain instead of draining the transmission twice...

·
It is nice
885 Posts
when you remove the valve body and the tranny pan only, you will still get about 9-10qts fluid out without draining the torque convertor. I know because I did it twice in a week lol. I never bothered draining the torque convertor because my fluid was not that dirty to begin with. you could try to save the fluid. good luck

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Ive re-used transmission fluid after dropping the transmission pan with a large catch pan and a black plastic bag. I wouldnt do it again, but I had just put in $70 worth of Redline Fluid.
If you had a brand new or really clean catch pan that would be much better, but if you didnt put Mercon V I wouldnt bother trying to save it.

- Dan

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I've had occasion to change a valve body spring or some other part after just having changed fluid, and I save the fluid and strained it back through a couple of fine mesh paint filters and reused it. I also put a drain plug in the pan the first tiome I drop them on my personal vehicles.

Use new paint filters BTW. (LOL)

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts