TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a small question... i noticed in the instuctions in the tech aticals that when preforming this you have to drian the TC and add a new filter. do you really have to do this because i just put new fluid and a new filter in the other day?

·
It is nice
885 Posts
when you remove the valve body and the tranny pan only, you will still get about 9-10qts fluid out without draining the torque convertor. I know because I did it twice in a week lol. I never bothered draining the torque convertor because my fluid was not that dirty to begin with. you could try to save the fluid. good luck

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Ive re-used transmission fluid after dropping the transmission pan with a large catch pan and a black plastic bag. I wouldnt do it again, but I had just put in $70 worth of Redline Fluid.
If you had a brand new or really clean catch pan that would be much better, but if you didnt put Mercon V I wouldnt bother trying to save it.

- Dan

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I've had occasion to change a valve body spring or some other part after just having changed fluid, and I save the fluid and strained it back through a couple of fine mesh paint filters and reused it. I also put a drain plug in the pan the first tiome I drop them on my personal vehicles.

Use new paint filters BTW. (LOL)

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts