TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, just got the car back from having a rebuilt tranny and TC from a Lincoln MkVIII installed into the Cougar. Thoroughly impressed with the shifting now but realize I am missing something: the solid and firmer 1/2 shift that one experiences when doing the J-mod. Yes, I want to J-mod this tranny and... I know at one time there was a link floating around here that provided pics with detailed info on doing this job. I did it once before about 4 years ago with the old tranny; never thought I would do it again but, what can I say: I miss that firmer shift.

Yes - I know: 'search'. Still looking too. So many discussions about the J-mod but can't find that link I once found that came with pics and part numbers. Anyone know what link I am talking about?
Oh, and one more question. I believe there was a website that one could order pre-drilled seperator plates?? Am I wrong on this?

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,789 Posts
Ok, just got the car back from having a rebuilt tranny and TC from a Lincoln MkVIII installed into the Cougar. Thoroughly impressed with the shifting now but realize I am missing something: the solid and firmer 1/2 shift that one experiences when doing the J-mod. Yes, I want to J-mod this tranny and... I know at one time there was a link floating around here that provided pics with detailed info on doing this job. I did it once before about 4 years ago with the old tranny; never thought I would do it again but, what can I say: I miss that firmer shift.

Yes - I know: 'search'. Still looking too. So many discussions about the J-mod but can't find that link I once found that came with pics and part numbers. Anyone know what link I am talking about?
Oh, and one more question. I believe there was a website that one could order pre-drilled seperator plates?? Am I wrong on this?
Contact RobertP on the boards here he can hook you up with the plate and other useful info ;)

·
Super Moderator
12,245 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Beat you by .02, Trunk! lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:eek: Stupid me. I never even considered looking into the tech articles. I got on here, went straight to the forum and began seaarching j-mod. I really amaze myself at times. Anyhow, appreciate pointing me where to go. Soon as I find free time I'll begin grabbing materials and then get back to doing this all over again.

((much to the woman's dismay. I spent money on having a tranny hauled out of a Lincoln, paid to have it rebuilt and then re-installed into the Cougar. SHE wanted me to buy a new Kia instead.))

1 - 6 of 6 Posts