TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the complete list for the parts and the part numbers. Also how much do the parts cost and if I have a shop do it, how much do they charge?

If any in NJ wants to help me do it, I will pay!!!!

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Jmod Price list

Well, i am a TCCoA member and did receive a discount from Dan Newman @ Five Star Ford in Arizona. Your prices would be retail, unless you somehow can get a discount...i dunno...

i believe my partial list is for 'gear change' type applications. Eventually, i'm getting 4.10s, so i figure i'd do it now.

Depending on your year car, you may need other parts. My list also does not include the lower spring on the 1-2 accumulator, which would result in a much firmer shift...at least that's what i've been told.

Part# Description Retail
F7AZ-7F251-AA Piston $13.58
F75Z-7F284-AA Spring $ 3.45
F7AZ-7H292-AB Piston $ 7.02
F6AZ-7A098-A Tranny Filter $26.64
EOAZ-7D189-A Piston $13.28
F75Z-7H188-AA Piston $21.90
F87Z-7F201-AA Spring $ 3.38
F2VY-7C155-A Gasket $ 2.95
F5AZ-7D100-A Gasket $ 4.17
F2VY-7A191-A Pan Gasket $13.51

pan gaskets are reusable....but i asked about it just in case...though i did not purchase one.

again, there might be more parts in the "transmission thesis"...look in the tech articles under transmission and check out the "J-Mod" articles.

hope that helps you in some way.

edit

figured i'd help you out a bit more...check for specifications for your vehicle

Click here for parts list and drilling specs

·
Registered
855 Posts
DGERMANN said:
Anyone have the complete list for the parts and the part numbers. Also how much do the parts cost and if I have a shop do it, how much do they charge?

If any in NJ wants to help me do it, I will pay!!!!
what part of NJ are you in?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for the list 66DV. 94Bird I am in Toms River. I live right by seaside! or sleaside....lol... I don't trust myself to do the Jmod. The transmission is one thing I won't touch by myself.

·
Registered
855 Posts
do you have a place that you can do it?.........i did it on my car before the tranny was rebuilt but definitely not in my driveway........i took it to a hobby shop on base McGuire.........

btw,........i live in Mt. Holly,......i think that's like 40 mins from toms river/seaside.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Depending on how much of the J-Mod you do, and if you can get a pre-drilled separator plate, it will take a shop anywhere from 2 to 5 hours to do it.
My tranny shop charged me $100 for 2 hours labor. I supplied all parts, plus pre-drilled separator plate.

As mentioned above, check out the Tech Articles to get all the part numbers.

Here's what I used, with the exception of the pan. I used a 97 by mistake.

F8UZ-7A194-AA - Tranny pan with drain plug.
F6AZ-7A098-A - Filter assembly that goes with deep sump tranny pan
F7AZ-7F251-AA - 1-2 revised accumulator piston.
F75Z-7F284-AA - Light blue spring for top of 1-2 accumulator.
F7AZ-7F284-BA - Bottom spring for 1-2 accumulator (optional - leave spring out for firmer 1-2 shift).
F7AZ-7H292-AB - 2-3 revised accumulator piston
MERCON-V ATF

·
Registered
164 Posts
It's not that difficult and doesn't require alot of tools either. I did mine by myself in my driveway with a set of ramps. (not required but an air ratchet really speeds things up. As for drilling the plate, just buy the bits ahead of time and do it. (doesn't take much). I am not sure if you will be able to find a predrilled plate. (they don't sell new ones seperate of the whole valvebody).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts