TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a predicament and I could use some of your help if possible, I am in the process of changing out my Torque Converter Clutch and have gotten in a little deeper than I am comfortable with. I am looking for someone in the area that has done the J-mod before that could help with mine. Transmissions are really not my area of expertise and I really don't want to screw anything up. I have already ordered my parts and should be ready to continue sometime this weekend with the project. Would anyone in the area be willing so swing by and lend a hand in the install? Lunch, dinner, beer, whatever is on me, I just want to do this right and not screw it up. ANYONE WILLING TO HELP??????

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I gots a feeling im gonna regret this but where abouts are ya? Im tied up Saturday paintballing and Sunday working on a 92 t-bird and garage door. Monday I do not work since it is labor day.

Who you recommend roger?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
S.o.b.
You know I dont know who is worse you or I at volunteering me to do work

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would be nice to finally meet some of you guys and you guys can check out my dads friends FULLY restored 1970 1/2 Z28 Camaro (BEAUTIFUL CAR!!!)

But ya i really could use a hand in this, not exactly comfortable with this whole drilling into parts and making new holes stuff. ANY AND ALL HELP IS VERY WELCOME!!!! The car is on a lift so we will not be breaking our backs either.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
aaarrrgggghhhh you got a lift in the garage or somethin?
Did you buy the drill bits and such? Its fairly easy if you print the instructions its a walk in the park. Heck I've done it a few times and I still print the instructions to make 100% sure.
If you got a lift does that mean you have all the tools needed??

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
your killing me im going paintballing in Pinckney Saturday. Thats a bit of a drive!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I should have all tools, have not bought the bits but i have several cases of drill bits and im sure I have the right sizes if not the hardware store is just down the street.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
ok heres a question do you know where hell survivors is?
ok too late but how far from there is it?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
ok How far from hell survivors are you?

·
Listening on 141.850 mHz!
829 Posts
I'd like to be there to watch, this way I can LEARN too! Is that cool? Plus to see the "Camario"!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
well If your gonna be out that way Saturday they have a break for like an hour 1 to 2 I could try to swing by and drag a buddy along we could drill the shift plate and swap the solenoids if you have all the parts there. Then you could put the rest back together. My buddy might ask for $30 for 1/2 case of paintballs.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Other then that I wont be able to afford the gas to go out that way twice in a weekend.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts