TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the j mod what exactly is it that will make it bark the 1-2 shift? and will it still make it do that with a stock engine?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, I did it and I cannot bark the 1-2 shift. That really sucks!!! It does shift much quicker and better but still no 1-2 bark. Any ideas? I thought that was what the jmod would do? But that is why I asked it before I did it.....

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
well, I did it and I cannot bark the 1-2 shift. That really sucks!!! It does shift much quicker and better but still no 1-2 bark. Any ideas? I thought that was what the jmod would do? But that is why I asked it before I did it.....
did you do the light blue top spring and no bottom spring? The other option is a stiffer top spring, i cant remember if its the purple one or the brown one....

but also, if you get a chip from say...lonnie, tell him you did thee j mod and he can tweak the line pressure accordingly so that you eat up tires quicker than you typically should.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn it all to hell, what is the p/n for the light blue spring? I put the stock spring in it and left a bottom spring in it too. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Damn it all to hell, what is the p/n for the light blue spring? I put the stock spring in it and left a bottom spring in it too. Thanks for your help.

its listed in the parts list in a Trains article, but Ford has most likely revised the PN, check with Jason to be sure.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help, stupid me I should have triple checked. Guess ill order the correct spring and drop the pan tomorow night. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
A trains writeups are mostly the how-to stuff and not the best for specific details. Kinda like Cliff's notes lite.

If you want to know exactly what to do look through the transmission article by Jerry. Its the first article in the transmission section called "Ford OD transmissions 101".

I mean, Jerry was one of the designers of the transmission after all.

But do not use that light blue spring for what you want. Use the brown spring that is Ford part number F75Z-7F284-BA. They cost less than $5 and its exactly what you want if you want a hard shift. Dont use a bottom spring in the 1-2 and take the spring out of the 2-3 for firm shifts as well.

Also, if you drill out your plate very far you will likely need a tune to move the shift points back up where they should be.

Darrin

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Light blue spring = > $30

Brown spring = < $5

Darrin
i paid alot less years ago....something like 12$ for the blue spring.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I am wrong on the price of that light blue spring. I thought it was the stupid high priced one and called my Ford guy to check. It costs just about the same as the brown spring apparently.

Darrin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts