TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the topic of the j-mod has been beaten to death, and I've read a lot of threads on it myself. I do have two things I'd like to ask though before I decide to buy, which are really too personalized to find accurate answers on.

First of all, I'm trying to decide which level to go with, either low (<300hp) or medium (300-450 hp or something like that). Now as you can see in my signature, I have a fairly weak car and I don't intend on getting a Coy Miller upgrade any time soon. The idea of really hard shifts intrigues me though. Now when I'm only giving it a little gas, I don't want my neck to be broken. I don't mind a little bump though. When I'm flooring it, I don't care if it throws people out of the window. They should've been wearing their seat belts anyway, and most people know to do when I'm driving. So would the medium setting provide a decently plush drive when I'm light on the throttle? Also, I have the stock V-6 drivetrain except for an 8.8" differential I have coming in the mail and it'll probably be a while before I upgrade anything else. Would the medium setting be really harsh on it or would it be within reasonable limits? I don't want to be buying u-joints every month, but I'd rather buy them once or twice a year than have to rebuild my tranny again.

Secondly, I'm going to type out the list of parts Dan and I came up with. I just want to make sure I haven't left out a really important part. Costs are already at several weeks worth of pay checks, so don't give me any expensive parts unless they're critical.

'99 valve body
valve body gasket
pressure control solenoid (I'm debating this one, since I had my tranny rebuilt a few years back and may already have the new version)
pressure control solenoid bracket
top accumulator spring
bottom accumulator spring
oil pan
pan gasket
tranny filter
1-2 accumulator
1-2 accumulator cover
2-3 accumulator

·
Administrator
8,248 Posts
I did mine plus a few others with the less than 300hp and the shifts are firm enough, everyone is happy with it. If you want firmer shifts, leave the bottom accumulator spring out.

Joe

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
i agree with joe. he's the one who did mine. <300 hp and leave out the bottom 1-2 spring and you will love it trust me.

Frank

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, I'm going to trust you guys on this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts