TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother asked me to do the j-mod to his 98 Mustang GT. He's having a problem now the car shifts great, however he does need to rev it up slightly before it engages fully. We used the separator plate gaskets needed (P.N's xw7z-7d100-aa) Ford says they no longer make the f7az part number. I drilled out the holes to spec,took out the lower 1-2 accumulator spring but did not get the updated accumulator and filled the transmission with Mercon V.

While in first manually it is really sluggish but does not slip and when it hits second it pulls like it should. In first its really tight if he lets it rev up to 3k and idle down it decelerates rather quick. Any idea's on this?

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Kinda finding it hard to believe a 98 did not already have the updated 1-2 Accumulator so ______?

What's the prob_____?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kinda finding it hard to believe a 98 did not already have the updated 1-2 Accumulator so ______?

What's the prob_____?
Sorry what I meant was we did not replace it. As far as the problem, the transmission is acting as if it does not have enough transmission fluid flow. The problem is the dip stick reads full when hot and cold.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Sorry what I meant was we did not replace it. As far as the problem, the transmission is acting as if it does not have enough transmission fluid flow. The problem is the dip stick reads full when hot and cold.
Sounds like low fluid ... or the filter maybe came off ??

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts