TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I started the J-Mod today but stopped when the valve body did not release from the transmission. I have removed all the electrical connections, the EPC/VFS bolt and bracket, all 12 outter 8mm bolts, and have loosened the 11 remaining 8mm bolts, but the valve body is not dropping free from the transmission. Did I miss something somewhere?? :confused:

From reading through the posts here and the directions, numerous times, I was under the impression that the VB should separate fairly easily once all bolts were removed. I do not want to pry on anything in there, since the goal is to fix and not break.

Afterthought:
After going through the numbers... I think we may have missed a bolt although I am nto sure where. We have removed or loosened all the 8mm bolts that we saw... could there be one hiding?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Did you get the one that hold the rooster-comb for the detents?? I missed that one when I did mine.

Jay

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep got that one, I believe that counts as 1 and there are 24 others. I think the one I missed after looking at the torque sequence picture is the one that holds or is next to the shift control solenoids. I do not have the car here to verify but that is my guess at this point.

If that is not the case, I will do the 1-2 accumulator since it is right there (i believe) and put the new pan and filter back on and run it as is. Don't want to cause more damage than I need to.

Thanks!!

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
remove all the 8mm bolts and it will come off.. they are different because they are hex flange head bolts.. should have 1 or two near the TPS as well

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:zwthstpd: That's exactly the one we missed right there by the shift solenoids. However due to the condition of the current fluid, brown :eek: , we decided to flush with general mercon for a bit before adding the good stuff. So for now the J-Mod has been postponed, but this will give me time to get a cooler and trans temp gauge that I want.

Thanks for the replies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts